CHAPTER I

"Where the hell are you, f/n?" She shrieked upon hearing her best friend shout. She knew that it was not a good thing to stay up late since she had a game today. Well, that's it. She only knew, but she didn't mind her inner voice.

"Hehe. Well, I'm almost there. I promise." She panted heavily, accidentally bumping a lot of people. She really did try though. She set her alarm at exactly 6 am, but since she was so stubborn at everything, her ears didn't want to hear the beeping of her phone.

"The game has already started, you boke! I can't believe you. It's the first time that the Spring Interhigh Nationals invited players from the national volleyball team as a reference for these young boys and girls here to do their best. We are the first and only match for this morning which means all of the teams are watching, you dumbass!" Yuki tried her best to maintain her composure. The coach instructed her to call f/n since she will be substituted in a few minutes.

"I know. I'm sorry. Please don't kill me, Yuki-chan!" f/n pleaded, her voice shaking. She closed her eyes, envisaging a smiling Yuki who would understand why she was so late.

"Oh, that's not what I'm only going to do. Plus, Shoyo is here. I don't know where he is sitting right now. You were supposed to be the role model for him too. A role model shouldn't be late, baka! baka!" f/n gulped, her mouth was already dry thinking of how Yuki will kick and punch her later. With all of her courage, she hung up the phone. She was truly aware that it will exacerbate the situation, but she was already in the establishment. It would be best if Yuki does not know that since f/n knows Yuki will be waiting with her infamous iniquitous smile.

However, the captain was scarier than Yuki. Even though Captain Hina was gentle and amiable, she had this aura that if you mess up with her, you're fucked. F/n had to let go of a grunt and tried to calm herself down. Yuki and f/n were the only ones in the team who were 19 years old. The youngest duo to participate in the Olympics as a regular player. Since they were the youngest, they were apparently the loudest and a pain-in-the ass.

Yuki frowned as the coach looked at her, "Oh, f/n is going to get it." She scowled, putting her phone back in her sports bag. "Jesus, Yuki. Calm down. The game just started 4 minutes ago. You just want an excuse to maul f/n." The coach scolded.

"You're going up next. Smile, okay? You're scaring the young ones." Coach gently patted her back. Yuki tried to smile, but it ended up scaring the players in her team. She sighed, giving up. It was f/n who was the happy-go-lucky type while Yuki always had the resting-bitch-face.

For today, their opponent was the men's national volleyball team. It was indeed odd and refreshing to see both sexes play against each other. Since the teams playing in the Spring Interhigh comprise both men and women, the organizers wanted to relay the message that the champions do not recognize and are not scared of any difference (e.g. sex, height) so if you want to be equal with them, you must play harder.

"Either way, I'll know when she's here." Yuki declared, smirking. "One of the boys will mess up their serve." She cleared her throat, preparing to receive. The server jumped as high as he could, but everyone was shocked to see that the ball didn't go over the net. Yuki could hear his curses as his teammate tried to comfort him, "Don't mind."