In Heat Of The Moment

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Lautaro shot off a pistol a couple holographic targets.

The sounds echoed through out the firing range.

He wasn't speaking, and seemed to be deep in thought.

"You seem to be having fun, you shoot pretty well for someone with one eye." Tatenashi commented.

BANG! BANG!

Lautaro continued shooting the targets without distraction.

Ha, well I guess I should've expect this from Chifuyu Orimura's lone apprentice.. Tatenashi thought to herself, admiring Lautaro's focus. 

She moved forward, leaning against his back and poking her head beside his ear. However, Lautaro stopped.

"Hm- Oof!" Tatenashi was pushed a back a little as Lautaro finished shooting, laying the pistol on the desk in front and backing away.

He began walking off toward the exit.

"Are you heading back?"

"Yes." Lautaro merely stated in his usual monotone voice.

The facility Tatenashi had led him down to was heavily advanced, much like the rest of the academy. Typical futuristic look, dark metal with neon blue lines streaming along the floors and walls. Most of the night was spent being touring around. There was a training room with a shooting range, a command center, miniature sound-proof IS arena and other basic stuff. 

Lautaro had spent the past couple hours in the training by himself, and as it was the middle of the night he had enough.

"When do we start?" Tatenashi heard Lautaro ask.

"Oh? Well, we haven't gotten any specific assignments for you, yet." Tatenashi stated, trailing behind with her hands behind her back.

"I see." Lautaro carried on.

Tatenashi got curious, catching up beside him. Staring up at his face.

"Hey." She snapped hers finger next to his eye, obscured by his hair. He didn't flinch and simply continued walking.

They eventually made it back up to the main academy, walking through the darkened hallways as most of students had fallen asleep.

Lautaro unlocked the door to his room and stepped inside.

"Why are you following me..?" He asked.

"Umm? Excuse me, this is my room now too remember?" Tatenashi told.

"Tch. Right.." Lautaro merely let out a noise of annoyance before entering further.

This made Tatenashi frown, and she looked down at the floor.

Is he genuinely annoyed by me..?

Lautaro laid sideways, facing away from Tatenashi on the across from her.

Tatenashi was still in her IS piloting jumpsuit, and sat on her in a kneeling position with her hands laid out in front. She stared at Lautaro, who was just silent as ever.

"Uh.. Lautaro?" She tried to speak to him.

"What?" A grumpy Lautaro spoke.

"N-Nothing.. I was just making sure you were there.."

"Hmph."

Tatenashi reached over, and flicked the lights off.

"Goodnight..."