Prologue

BEEP! BEEP!

Step! Step! Step!Step!

There was a shimmer as a reflective figure dropped down from a catwalk in some sort of terrorist facility.

"Warning: Intruder reported at Sector 4-B. All personal proceed with caution." An automated system announced

"You've been compromised, it's time you get out of there!" A feminine voice said over his earpiece.

SPLASH!

The seemingly invisible figure hit ground, landing in a shallow canal.

Flicker

The figure shimmered and flickered as the active camouflage module malfunctioned and deactivated. 

He kept running.

It was a young boy, about 15 years of age. He had black hair and blue eyes.

He was wearing a black stealth combat harness, and on his right hand was a black robot-like gauntlet.

He projected a blue digital holographic map onto it which displayed the facility.

He hopped onto the side path, which let him cloak again.

He ran passed an insignia which was painted on the wall.

The insignia had some text which read..

PHANTOM TASK

From above on the catwalk, three armed men aimed down at the canal in hand.

"Where is he? Did anyone see the kid!?" One of them called out.

"Right here.." A voice said.

"Huh?"

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The three armed men dropped to the ground, as the boy stood there with a pistol, the barrel was smoking.

The boy holstered it, cloaked again, and continued his run down the catwalk.

The catwalk passed over some sort of runway.

A jet sound could be heard as a woman piloting a certain mechanical suit surfed below.

She was piloting an Infinite Stratos, an IS, a mechanical flying exosuit.

She looked up at the catwalk, while scanning with her HUD.

"There he is.." She muttered.

On her shoulders, a laser turret formed and fired rapidly at the catwalk.

"GAH!" The boy was knocked around as the rounds hit the bottom of the catwalk.

He bounced around, smacking against the railings and then fell back onto the center.

He stood up, shaking his right hand which was bruised and impacted greatly.

There was a cut on his right cheek.

He stood up, and tried to reactivate his active camouflage.

Flicker Flicker

 However it malfunctioned and shut off a few moments afterward.

"This is useless now.." He projected the black gauntlet onto his right arm and removed the cloak module from it.

He took the module and hand, and attached a small EMP grenade onto it, which beeped repeatably before tossing it off the catwalk and down to the woman pilot.