Chapter 3

~POV switch to y/n~

The next day, you hear your doorbell ring. "I'll get it!" You yell as you clomp down the stairs. You've been unpacking all day and so your appearance has degraded even further. So of course, when you open the door, it's the cute neighbor boy.

"Ah hello again!" He says, clearly as surprised as you that you are meeting again. "So um my family is stupid and wants to invite your family over for dinner to be neighborly." He puts 'neighborly' in air quotes.

"Yeah that sounds good."

"So I'll see you at six?"

"I'll see you at six."

You rush up to your room to change but your mom stops you before you get to the steps.

"Was that our neighbor?"

"Yeah it was, they invited us over for dinner."

"Oh how nice of them! You know they have a boy right around your age."

"Yes I know we've met."

"He's cute isn't he?"

"Mom!" You yell, annoyed at her and rushing away before she sees you blushing. You close the door to your room and throw open your closet. What to wear to dinner with a pretty boy? You end up choosing an oversized sweater and some ripped mom jeans. You put on a little mascara, and before you know it, six o'clock rolls around.

"Come on y/n! We're gonna be late!"

A/N longer chapter woo!! This is the last update for tonight but tomorrow I'll post more.