Chapter 9

You wave to Tom in the hallway the next day, and your smile lingers a little longer than it should have.

"I saw that," Kacey says, poking you.

"Saw what?"

"The way you looked at Tom! You totally have a crush on him."

"No way! We're just friends."

"You know he likes you back." Does he?

"Nah, it's never gonna happen."

"Y/n and Tommy, sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-"

"Shut up! Shut up!"

Thankfully Tommy is out of earshot, so he didn't see you blush the color of a tomato.

"Why would you do that?"

"Omg you two so like each other. It makes perfect sense! I can't believe I didn't see it earlier!"

Your blush fades as you step into class. You can't focus the entire time. Does he really like me?

~time skip~

That afternoon You're in his room doing homework while he streams, your usual afternoon together. He wraps up and sits on the bed with you. "How was the stream?"

"You were here the whole time."

"Well screw me for trying to start a conversation."

"A little birdie told me today that you don't have a date to the Winter Formal yet."

"Are you making fun of me? Because you don't exactly have girls lining up-"

"I was wondering if you could be my date."

"...what? Really?"

"Yes really."

You're caught so off guard. Is he being serious?

"Yes. Yes! I'd love to!"

"It's a yes! Yes!"

You both giggle. After a little more awkward conversation you go home. Did that really just happen?

A/N Ok I promise this is going to be the last short chapter. The rest are gonna be longer I swear. Also Tommy being confident with a girl???