Chapter 10

~POV switch to Tommy~

It's the day of Winter Formal. I put on my suit and take about twenty minutes to get ready. I don't know why I'm so nervous, it's just y/n. But that's the thing, it's not just y/n. It's the sweetest, most gorgeous, perfect girl in the world. I check myself in the mirror one last time before waking over to her house. My parents are already there, eating appetizers. Our families have gotten really close and they are going to spend the evening together. "Tom! You look so handsome!" I hear as soon as I walk through the door. I show off the corsage I got her and her parents compliment my choice. "She's upstairs getting ready, she should be down any second." Her mom says. You mingle for a bit longer while you glance nervously at the top of the stairs. Then, time stops. I see her. I'm breathless as I take her in. Her long hair curled around her face, the way the midnight blue dress fits around her waist. She must have caught me staring because she blushes and looks away. Both of our parents cheer for her as she walks down the steps. "Y/n, you look absolutely stunning!" My mom says. "I clean up well," she responds. I hear none of it because I am still completely entranced. I can't believe she's mine!

~POV switch to y/n~

You touch up your makeup as your heart races. Tommy is already downstairs, you can hear him. You still can't believe he's your date. He is so soft around you and makes you feel special. You finally gather your wits and walk to the top of the stairs. You scan the room as you walk down them. Tommy immediately catches your attention as he is staring at you with the most love-struck expression on his face. You get nervous and pretend you don't see him. Your parents cheer when you get to the bottom of the steps and you take pictures galore. He puts your corsage on your wrist and your skin buzzes from where he touched you. His friends pull up and you greet Kacey inside a crowded car with her date, one of Tommy's friends. You blast loud music all the way to the venue and the reckless teenager driving keeps you on Tom's arm the whole ride, holding on for dear life. Once you get there, you meet up with your friends and talk to them for a minute while Tommy does the same with his. A slow song comes on and he walks over to you with a serious face.

"May I have this dance?" He says, with his arm outstretched.

"You may, '' You say, taking his arm.

Fake stars and lights glittered above you as he pulled you in close to slow dance. The way his hands rest on your waist made your heart flutter.

"Y/n."

"Tom."

"May I say you look absolutely ravishing in your dress tonight," he says with an exaggerated proper accent.

"Why thank you," You say, matching his accent. "I had to look nice for the cutest boy in the school."

"Wait, really?" He says, dropping the bit, clearly not expecting that response.

"Yeah, Tommy. I- I like you. I really like you."

"I... I really like you too y/n." You are looking into each other's eyes. You are overjoyed. You weren't kidding when you said you thought he was the cutest boy in school.

"Would you be my girlfriend?" This moment is so perfect you almost shed a tear. You vigorously nod your head and hug him closer in your dancing embrace. Words cannot describe how happy you are at this moment. As you spin in the twinkling lights, you are weightless. Nothing can pull you out of Tom's eyes.

A/N AAAAA this is my favorite chapter ever like for real. It's just so freaking cute.