Chapter 7

Going into a diner gives you a wave of homesickness. It was not the same as a true southern diner, but it is close enough to make you upset. You sit down, get two milkshakes, and a plate of fries.

"What's up?" he asks, having noticed your disposition.

"I'm just tired from school."

"You did have quite an army."

"Yeah what was that about?"

"I told you, you're cool and new. It attracts a lot of attention. I mean I don't get why they would want to be friends with you... but-"

"Oh shut up you would probably be my biggest fan if we hadn't met before school."

"Nah that's not true. You're not that great."

"Your friends seemed to think so," You say with a wink.

"They've never talked to a girl in their lives; they don't count."

"Yeah yeah, sure." You're smiling now. He really cheered you up. You finish your shakes and go your separate ways. No matter what, you can't shake him from my mind. Little clips of the day flip through your head, the way he looked at you, his reaction when he made you laugh. There could be something there, but you're sure it's only in your head. Why would he like me, anyway?

A/N things are getting spicy ;) Should I update more? I have a bunch of drafts for future chapters but I kinda wanna draw out the suspense.