Chapter 8

~POV switch to Tommy~

"Are you sure? Just a friend?" My friends see through all of my lies, even when I'm telling the truth. "Yes! She's just a friend I swear."

"Whatever you say big man."

"That's actually her right there." I say.

"Are you kidding me? She's a total babe!"

"Shut up before you embarrass yourself. Y/n!" I call her over. A short introduction ends when I push her away before I get in hot water. She's so sweet, I don't want to ruin our friendship. The last thing I want are my friends' grimy hands on her either.

~POV switch to y/n~

A couple weeks later you're in his room doing homework when he gets a call. "Hey Toby!" He says. You kind of look at him, not sure if the caller knows you're in the room or not.

"Hi Tommy what's up?" Toby responds.

"Oh nothing, just hanging out."

"Hanging out with me!" You say with a goofy grin. Tom looks annoyed but not angry.

"Who is that? Is that a girl?"

"Yes! The impossible has become possible! Tommy is sitting in the same room as a hot chick!" You say, giggling. He looks at you, trying to stay mad, but visibly containing a smile.

"Tommy? Answers?" Toby says, confusedly.

"Well, Tubbo, this is my girlfriend."

You look at him with wide eyes.

"Nah I'm just playing. This is y/n, she moved next door a few weeks ago and goes to school with me."

"Hi!" You say.

An awkward three way conversation begins, and then ends after a few minutes. After Tommy hangs up you say, "Girlfriend? You wish."

"Alas, I am not the only one."

"Wait what? What do you mean?"

"Are you serious? Every other guy at school is practically drooling over you."

"No way. No possible way. I don't see it."

"I see it. You're funny, you're smart, you're beautiful..."

You look at him. This is a side of him you've never seen before. Tommy is being soft and sincere. He is looking away, too shy to meet your gaze.

"I didn't know you saw me that way."

"Well you don't have to look very hard to see it." You are blushing so hard. "Let's get back to homework, shall we?" he says. You continue as per usual, but something in the dynamic has shifted. You sit closer and you are conscious of every time you touch. That night you lay in bed sleepless. What did today mean?

A/N Ya hear that everyone? you're a total babe! ;) Thank you so much for all the support and feedback! It literally makes my day every time I see someone interact.