Chapter 5

"So what did you really do?" Caroline asked eagerly, probably for the 14th time. Fleur sighed exasperatedly, it was 8 in the morning and her friends had come unceremoniously into her room and woken her up half an hour ago and had been interrogating her about Harry Potter.

"I already told you, we didn't do anything. I only wanted to thank him for my present and I did" She said leaning back against her pillow.

"What? Not even a kiss? You're la-wait...YOU DID!" She cried when she saw the blush forming on her face.

"Why are you making a big deal of it?! It's normal for us to..."

"No. Not for you. My god you have it bad." Caroline groaned exasperatedly. "This is only making me so much more interested in him."

"Well...for what its worth Fleur he did look really happy when he saw you." Amy said with a smirk. She felt a smile spread across her own face. When they arrived she had seen Harry standing near the front of the crowd and she had easily recognized him. He had a disappointed look on his face when they all started going back to the castle. When she finally called out to him, his shocked expression mixed with happiness made her heart leap and before she knew what she was doing, had thrown herself into his arms in front of everyone.

"He is a cute one though, I wish I had put a claim over him the first time I saw him" Caroline said sighing softly. Catching sight of Fleur she grinned and added, "Relax, I won't do anything. He's all yours."

"He's not mine!" She exclaimed, but she couldn't stop the feeling of relief that spread through her at Caroline's words. Truthfully, she had felt rather put out when she found out that Caroline had seen him at the World Cup too.

"Oh come on, it's obvious to all of us how much you like him. We've never seen you act this way over a boy from all our years together" Amy said while the others nodded.

"But…"

"And from what I've seen, he is also rather taken with you. He kept looking at you throughout the feast sometimes but it wasn't like the way the others look at you. It was…different. I don't think he noticed us watching him even" She said thoughtfully.

"But…he can't…he's younger than me…" Fleur trailed off weakly.

"By what? Two-three years? You turned 17 only recently too." Amy said softly.

"Look...Fleur, even if you can't seem to figure it out for yourself, we can. We've been watching you for over 6 years now. You just have to admit it to yourself. Do you not like him?" Caroline asked bluntly.

Fleur's mind was working furiously, she couldn't answer it directly but she knew that if she was honest, she had only one answer to give. She just couldn't believe how fast she had grown fond of Harry; meeting him last night had only increased her feelings for him.

Initially she had kept telling herself that he was younger than her. That had been her excuse whenever her friends teased her about him. She used it to tell herself that she couldn't possibly be thinking about Harry in that way and that he was only a good friend. But after hearing it aloud it just ceased to matter.

She enjoyed being with him, he made her feel safe, something that until she met him, thought that only her father could do. He was quiet and reserved despite being famous.