Chapter 24

CHAPTER 24

"I am rather sad to see you leave Harry, but I understand you are needed elsewhere." Dumbledore said sincerely. "I hope you enjoyed your time here at Hogwarts, know that our doors will always be open to you should you want to return here at any time." The old headmaster finished, his eyes performing their unholy twinkle. He had a small suspicion that the old man was highly amused by the look of utter bewilderment on his face.

"Huh? What are you…" Even the students around him were looking at them with puzzled expressions. He felt his mark burn again, although it wasn't painful at all. It was almost like…

"'Arry?"

That one word froze him in place and he saw the last person he'd expected to see standing behind the two men with her hands clasped in front of her and shyly looking in. He stared blankly back, his mind ceasing to make coherent thoughts.

After trying several times, he found he couldn't speak, the words dying in his throat as he gazed at her. Her long silvery white hair tied back in a ponytail, her beautiful eyes gazing at him. They were all the same as he'd remembered yet different at the same time. Had he really forgotten how she'd looked? She looked every bit like the goddess that visited him in his dreams and yet so much more.

"Fleur…" His voice was strained. He wanted nothing more than to approach her, find out for himself if she was really just standing there in front of him, but the thought of being disappointed was holding him back. There was something about her that was making her seem almost unreal.

She however, had other plans. A small gasp escaped him when he felt something in him flare to life as a pair of slender arms, her arms, wrap around him, pulling him into a warm embrace. A flowery scent invaded his senses as he found his vision obscured by a mass of silver.

He was just starting to relax into her embrace when he felt her move slightly and felt something extremely soft press against his lips tentatively. He could feel her cup his cheek gently before pressing herself more forcefully against him, the tentativeness vanishing.

She broke away after several long moments, pressing her head against his and they remained still, enjoying the contact. He opened his eyes after what felt like ages to find her gazing at him lovingly with her mesmerizing blue eyes. Her warm breath on his lips was sapping him of his strength to remain upright.

There were so many things he wanted to ask her, he just couldn't believe that this was really happening, despite how real it felt. Her…being here, Dumbledore telling him he could leave, the thought of going back to the life he had at France with her. It was all just too good to be true. He desperately wanted something that would confirm this was not a good dream.

"Fleur…" Why couldn't she understand? This was him. Nothing was ever this easy. She couldn't just be here. He'd been dreaming about the moment he'd see her again almost every single day since he'd left her. The time she'd come to see him after the whole incident with Ginny was more dreamlike than anything, the diary was both a comfort and torture. He never thought he'd find her here.

What was wrong with him?

It was then that Fleur realized her mistake. She could feel every single thing that was going on in his mind and he was overwhelmed by it all. She gently placed her finger under his chin and slowly tilted his face upwards; he didn't seem to be able to look at her.