13

It was like any other day in Chicago. Jay and Hailey had met up with Dylan and they talked for a while. As the two detectives said goodbye to Dylan, they grabbed their coffees and headed out the door, Dylan stayed as he was meeting someone else.

"All units responding we got shots fired in the east parking lot near Sams on boulevard."

"Show Us responding." "Copy that."

Hailey hopped into the drivers seat and Jay got in the front seat.

The scene immediately followed gun shot sounds bouncing off the buildings.
They both were about to get out of the car when Two men in surrounded the doors.
"Jay." Hailey said in a quiet tone.

   "I know, it will be okay." They whispered to each other.
"Just don't make any movements." "We have guns, we just need to pull them out at the right time."
the man on Jays side knocked on his door
"Guns on the dash." He said through the glass.
"He knows we're cops." Hailey said.
"Hailey, very slowly place your gun on the dash." Jay said after he placed his gun on the dash.
"Jay." Hailey said as she shook her head at Jay. "Hailey listen to me, they have machine guns, "we have hand guns, who is going to win?"
Hailey sighed then placed her gun on the dash.
"Jay I have my extra one." "It's in my boot reach down and grab it."
Hailey's POV
"Jay it's in my boot." I said to him. He looked at me and I knew that look meant to trust him.
Me being the daring, person reached down. But Jay quickly noticed and shook his head at me.
The men turned around and immediately met our eyes.
Jays POV
Then out of nowhere the man on Hailey's side started to walk off, and I looked to my side to see the man still guarding my door.
I looked back to see Hailey's door open and she nodded at me. The man was so distracted from the other guy running off that he was staring in the direction where the man was going. I opened my door and hit the man with the door, and the suspect fell down. Hailey was Already on my side of the car, and quickly apprehended one of the suspects. I rushed out my door to find the other suspect. "I guess your buddy, is not your buddy he left you as the bait." Hailey said.

Haileys POV

"Get up." I said nudging him so he will stand. "You good with him?" " Yeah." Jay ran off as soon as he made sure that I was good with the suspect.
"You got anything on you."I said as I took the gun off the ground once he was handcuffed.

I quickly put the suspect in the right back side, pushing his head down as he got into the truck. "Hey,lady cop you know I might have to take you out sometime."
He said smirking at Hailey.
Hailey rolled her eyes
"Yeah,I'd love to except you can't, you'll be in jail,and I'd rather not go out in prison."
Hailey said in a sarcastic tone.

Jay came running back as Hailey hopped into the front seat,because she figured Jay would love the adrenaline of driving since he just ran a mile chasing the suspect.
"Hailey,I just saw Antonio."
Jay said as Hailey raised her eyebrows in surprise.
"Where?"
"He was behind a building,I think he saw me."
"Oh also I lost the suspect."

Jays POV
I started running in the direction where the suspect had headed but as I turned the corner the suspect was out of sight.
I looked around and walked a little bit further,but I could not seem to find him.

I started back to the car, and I saw someone but he was on his balcony,and then as I stared at the man smoking,I recognized that he looked a lot like Antonio. I registered in my brain why Antonio would be just standing there,no one has seen or heard from him in three months since he left. As I neared the car I saw Hailey getting in the passenger side. Wondering why she would let me drive. I didn't ask questions though,only let it happen.
"Hey the suspect ran off,I lost him as soon as I turned the corner." I said as I hopped into the drivers seat and started the car.

Back at the precinct

"Oh you think we're bad,wait until Voight questions you."
Hailey smirked sitting across from the suspect in the interrogation room.
"However,if you want to talk then talk,and we may be able to give you not 5 years in prison." "But if you don't talk,then we'll leave It up to Voight."
Then Jay motioned Hailey to get up,"well fine I guess you'll like Voight a lot."
"Fine I'll talk." Was the words that came out of the suspects mouth.
"First,what's your name?" Hailey asked. Sitting back down and Jay handed him a notepad," write down everything you know so far." He said as he leaned against the wall.

Authors note: sorry if my story's are boring,I'm trying to write better. I have been busy applying to colleges,and I took the SATs today so that was fun. But now I'm done with everything college related. So I'll be updating a lot more and paying more attention to mistakes. Peace love and god bless! Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!❤️