17

General POV
Hailey stood in the ER,holding the cup of coffee that Jay gave her two hours ago. She hadn't touched it,and instead she gripped the cup so hard,the coffee was seeping through the styrofoam.
Jay was going to get her better coffee, but he wasn't going to leave her by herself.
"Hails."
She turned around to face Jay, "i know that you do not want advice from me because what do I know about family issues, but you should talk to your mom.
She felt the coffee dripping on her jeans,"damn it."
She looked at her jeans and took some napkins that were on a table.
"Hailey."
"What? jay I can't face my mother ,not right now and probably not ever, she has made her choice, to stay with my abusive father and that's something I cannot fix. So please just be here, I can't talk about it."
"I love you."
Jay realized as soon as he said it he wouldn't know her reaction, but he made his choice to tell her how he feels.
"I have been holding it in, and I understand if you don't feel the same...." he looked at the ground and faced her again.
She said nothing but quickly kissed him.
He kissed her back.
"Good because I feel the same."
She smiled at him and he smirked at her.
"I hope Ava's okay, "she said turning back toward the emergency doors.
"She'll be okay,she's got a strong mom."
Jay said putting his arm around her.
Hailey was not expecting that response, he was right if she wanted to be her foster she sure as heck knew that she was going to adopt her.
"Thanks."
"For what."
He smiled at her.
"For being here, for staying, for keeping my company."
"Are you kidding, I could never leave you alone."
He said guiding her to a chair.
They both were relieved that they revealed their feelings.