PROLOGUE

Growing up in a royal household I learnt a lot of things much earlier in life.
My mother was always so sweet towards me and my siblings. I had three siblings.My two older brothers Lukhanyo and Luyanda Dlamini and my younger sister Lelothando Ariana Dlamini.

I had a sheltered life.I was taught to never raise my voice as a lady. To walk with grace and poise and I mastered that naturally.
Reserved and introverted,that was me. Always engrossed in my books and oblivious to the troubles of the world.
The only pain I knew was that of being cut by a knife or failing an important test.
Other than that I was sheltered from everything my parents considered evil.

I only read about evil on the internet and in my novels. I've never experienced any cruelty whatsover.
My little sister is only ten and saying I love her would be an understatement because I cannot find the correct word to describe our relationship. I play with her whenever she wants even if its dress up I do so.
Even when she is sick I offer to take care of her to give mom a break.
I never call my mom the Queen.
They said we're all human regardless of their status.All the servants love them.Even the people love them and respect them.
Socially I don't do it quite well.I smile and walk away.I can't even start a conversation to save my life.
Even at these Royal gatherings I make an appearance and then go sit down at the garden till the even ends.I can't deal with multitudes of people.Kill me but I honestly can't.

The king,daddy as I call him he always makes time for all his four kids.
My two older brothers are all grown as Lukhanyo is married and Luyanda is engaged.Pretty nice right?it gets better.As the Princess to the Dlamini kingdom I have to get married to.Its tradition.
I didn't argue with my parents.My father was a bit concerned but I assured him that I'm okay.
I don't believe in love and I am really smart so when the glass house breaks I know who I can lean on.Plus I can always go home.My parent's door is always open for me.
I hugged Lelo one more time.
Me:I'm going to miss you my little pumpkin.
Lelo pouted and I squeezed her cheeks.
Me:hey don't cry Lelo.Or else the big bad wolf that blew the little piggies houses away is going to blow you away.
She smiled a bit.
Me:thats better.Now be a good girl for me okay?don't give mommy or daddy any problems.
Lelo:I'll try.
Me:thats my girl.I love you sis.
She sucked on her thumb.Great!just when I thought me and mom took care of that situation.Dad chuckled.
Dad:my ladies can we go before your bp levels rise?
Me&mom:fine!
We said it at once.
We got inside the car and Stan was driving it.
Me:Stan.
Stan:nkosazana.
I just put my head on dad's shoulder.
Mom:where am I supposed to sleep?
Me:mommy can I have this last few hours with daddy?
She nodded.
I was going to Varsity.

I slept and dad woke me up.
Dad:princess we have arrived.
I rubbed my eyes gently.
I put on my contacts.I don't want to wear glasses.But I have them in my bag.
Stan got out my luggage and it was an awful lot.
I have also been sheltered from the media as they have only seen me once and never again.
I hugged mom and dad.
Mom:now you be good.
Me:yes mommy.I will miss you guys.I will call everyday and update you and you update me and...
Tears threatened to fall.
Dad:its okay Princess,its part of growing up.
Me:I know.
I detached myself from mom.
Me:bye guys.I love you.
They mouthed I love you too.I smiled.
Stan helped me with my luggage to the dorm.
I had a roommate.How uneventful.
I took pictures and sent them to mom and dad. They approved with a thumbs up on whatsapp.
Lets see..
I have one friend.Lisa. She said she will be here tomorrow. She will be studying IT and I will studying psychology.
Well apparently my roommate arrived earlier on today.I asked that at the admin's desk.

I sat down on the matress.Comfy.
I took out my black and white covers.
I did the bed and I put my white teddy on top. It was a gift from Luyanda on my 16th birthday.
The car?that Lukhanyo bought for me when I was finally 18 a month ago? It was at home and I had decided to go fetch it once I live with my mysterious husband.
My name?I am Nomthandazo Selena Dlamini.
.
.