Chapter 12 - The wedding

Aurora was standing infront of the mirror in the dressing room, fully dressed up in her gorgeous white gown, and the servants had just put the veil on her head, and administered it. 

As the front part of the veil was lowered, she sighed

As the front part of the veil was lowered, she sighed. Despite the constant praise of the servants, she felt insecure. She was afraid Grindelwald doesn't want this. What if he changes his mind? What if-?

"Hiii, how is our gorgeous bride on the big day? My God, you're really beautiful!" Queenie interrupted her thoughts as she walked into the room, with a with a bigger and happier smile than usual.

"I don't know... I'm so nervous. This supposed to be the best day of my life, and I'm happier than ever, but my anxiety and happiness are on the same level." She replied worriedly.

"That's quite normal. Everyone's a little nervous on their wedding day. But don't worry, it all will be fine."

"Oh, Queenie, what if- what if he doesn't wanna marry me?"

"What?" She chuckled. "Did you see how that man looked at you everytime? I could see it from the first time. He's totally different person when he's with you. When you got hit with that spell, I'm not kidding, he didn't move from your bed for even a second. We'd never seen him like that before. I think this is the first time he's actually in love, and it's deeper than you know! His thoughs are so loud when he's near you that I can hear them, even if I don't want to! He loves you with all his heart! Not to mention if he promises something, especially to you, he'll do it. Why would he make such a big fuss if he doesn't want it?" Queenie encouraged her.

"Okay, but... what if it happens in the last minute?"

"He's not that kind of person. Don't worry, he'll say 'I do' quicker than you'd notice." She said.

"Thanks Queenie!" Aurora said, and hugged her.

That moment, Vinda entered the room.

"Are you ready, Aurora?"

"Uhmm, I think so."

"Let's do it!" Smiled Queenie encouragingly before they all deported to Croatia, to the venue of the ceremony.

The event was held on the edge of a magically beautiful smaller hidden mountain, with a perfect view of the sea beneath them.

They appeard at the edge of the stairs leading up, which led to the concrete venue where the voices of the guests were already heard from afar.

"Now, the ceremony begins in seconds. Grindelwald is waiting for you very much." Said Vinda, and gave the bouquet in her hand.

"I'm so nervous I could cry!"

"I can assure you that everything's gonna be fine. We only invited our closest friends and most trusted followers. When you hear the music, you can walk up the stairs." She explained.

Vinda went upstairs, and then a few minutes later the soft melodies of the incoming music came from above, so Aurora happily, though a little trembling, walked up the stairs, and as she reached the top she saw the beautiful decoration, the arch, the chairs, and the white aisle with red rose petals. At the end of the aisle stood her breathtaking groom. She would never have thought of such a wonderful place in her dream. Walking down the aisle as Grindelwald watched her, her heart almost stopped a her eyes became glassy with tears. She blinked and then looked aout tot he guests, among whom, of course, Queenie was there, with a huge smile on her face who was even her witness. Grindelwald watched his breathtaking bride in fascination and could have sworn she had never been so beautiful.

As she finally got to him, they both smiled, then after Vinda took her bouquet, they could held each others hands which she then tied with a white silk ribbon, and cast a forever irrevovable connecting spell upon them an forever irrevocable then at the end of it all, she finally said happily,

"You may kiss the bride!" Grindelwald took his bride's face in his hands and bent to kiss her, and he held the kiss for long enough that the cheers turned into screams and approval. He felt her smile against him, then Vinda finally announced them officially for the first very time as husband and wife i.e. Mr. and Mrs.Grindelwald.

Then, before they cut up the ten over the top wedding cake, their first dance followed. Grindelwald held his girl tightly in his arms as they waltzed softly to the tune of the orchestra playing in the background.

"I can't believe we did it."

"I can't believe I have you."

"I was always yours." She said, and they both smiled, touching their foreheads together.

"I love you so, so much."

"I love you too so much." She said it back.

When the dance was over, people applauded loud. Grindelwald bent to kiss her again, finally.

After the whole party, she and her newfound husband apparted to their honeymoon, to Hawaii.