12I Simp

"You're finally home!" Luca grinned as soon as I stepped through the door

"You're finally home!" Luca grinned as soon as I stepped through the door. He had appeared to be waiting in the hall for when I got home after my first day.

"Indeed I am, Lucy" I grinned, sticking my tongue out to which it was returned with a playful glare. He hated me calling him that. He'd always thought it made him sound like a simp.

"Well. I was going to give you a cookie I just baked, but I guess not."

As soon as my brother said this, adding an exaggerated sigh for dramatic affect, I realised. I had fucked up.

"I love you your my favourite brother-"

"Hey!" Caleb cut into my suck up speech although I just ignored him.

"And I'll hug you forever and ever and ever and kick Kyle in the balls and I'll stop crushing on Tom Holland, Emma Watson and Thomas Brodie- Sangster and I'll promise never to stay up watching The Originals to 2am ever again! Just please let me have a cookie!" I babbled, pouting and trying my best to tear up. And failing. Damn you eyes!

"OK, OK you can have a cookie," Caleb laughed, immediately causing my smile to brighten. "As long as I get a hug."

Without hesitation, I immediately leaped towards my brother, wrapping my arms around his waist and hugging his muscular chest, burying my head into his shirt which smelled of his comforting cologne. However, instead of feeling his large arms pulling me tightly into him, I felt Luca's hands clasp onto me under my armpits and in one effortless motion, sweep me up into the air.

I let out a yelp at the unexpected movement and instinctively wrapped my legs tightly around my brother's torso as he pulled me tightly into him, my cheek resting on his broad shoulder.

"My turn," a voice suddenly exclaimed from behind me, and I felt two large hands suddenly pull me away from Luca and into their warm embracre. I recognised the figure to be my dad, and I let out a luagh when his hands prodded my sides teasingly.

I could practically see my dad smiling as he pulled me tightly to his chest and, just like I had done with Luca, I breathed in his masculine cologne that brought me so much comfort. "How was school, bambina?"

"Great!" I exclaimed happily.

"Good. Why don't you tell us all about it over dinner?"

REUNITED

The food in front of me was enough to make my mouth water. Spaghetti and meatballs. Something I hadn't had in years. Luca was an amazing cook and I couldn't wait to dig into my plate whether I would be able to eat all of it or not.

"So, bambina. How was your first day?" my dad asked, placing half a meatball into his mouth and acting as a cue for me to begin eating as well.

"It was awesome!" I grinned, before shovelling a forkful of spaghetti into my mouth greedily.