21I Demon

Tonight was my last night. Funny, isn't it, how that sounded so similar to the last supper? How I, like Jesus, had found happiness and sought the good in the world, while I, also like Jesus, had that come to the end. How this was my last night before everything was going to be flipped upside down for me and I was going to be forced into suffering once again.

Since this afternoon, I hadn't seen Klye once. He's stayed locked up in his room and nobody had been able to get him out.

My dad had been hauled up in his office at home, probably working on the court case, which also meant he hadn't been able to comfort me.

Ace left to go to the gym almost immediately after we were told the news, and I had my suspicions that he had gone to work out his angry through sparring.

Damon had been on errands for my dad, driving between the company, archives, home and more, probably trying to help find evidence or some sort of lawyer for the case.

Caleb had been acting as the one to continue to link us all together, making cake and hot chocolate, checking up on each of us, trying to coax Kyle out of his room but not getting too far.

Luca had been the only one to stay with me the entire time. He had been there for me when I couldn't help but break down- he was there to dry my tears. Luca had kept me in his embrace, whispering sweet nothings in my ear until around half four where I finally calmed down after a good fifteen minutes.

The entire time, I hadn't mentioned a word about my abuse.

I wanted to, I really did. I wanted to have a reason to not do back. I wanted to get it off my chest. But I couldn't.

Almost as soon as I had arrived at David's on my first day a year ago, I had been warned. He had told me that if anyone found out just exactly what he had done to me, I would regret it, and I didn't doubt what he said for a second.

For as long as I could remember, something had been weird with David. He had seemed to hold a lot more power than I even knew about, and there was proof there was more to him than I expected.

Flashback to nine months ago:

"Miss Harper? Please can I talk to you for a moment?" my English teacher asked as I was about to walk through the door, causing me to freeze. What did she want? I had to assume it was about my grades.

"Sure," I murmered, slowly turning on my heel to face her desk as I walked hesitantly towards her.

"I wanted to ask you about something. You see, earlier in class, I saw your sleeve rolled up and I noticed something interesting on your arm. I was wondering if I could take a look?"

I stiffened, my entire body tensing, my breath hitching, heart pounding as I realised what she was talking about.

My bruise.

Yesterday, David had grabbed my wrist extremely tightly, causing it to turn a nasty blue shade, and now clearly my teacher had seen it.

"Um. It's nothing. I just tripped over yesterday and bruised my wrist," I quickly tried to cover up, stumbling over my words in an attempt to come up with a believable excuse.

"Oh well, why don't you go to the nurse? I'll call your dad."

Shoot.

Flashback over

After that, I experienced one of the worst beatings of my life, and despite telling David I had come up with an excuse, he still felt I deserved to be punished for not being careful enough.