13I Boys

"You look so pretty," Luca smiled, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulling me briefly into his side, placing a loving kiss on my forehead

I grinned up at him as he pulled away. "Thanks!"

"No problem, Gabs," my brother responded, smiling down at me before turning on his heel and walking out of the hallway and through the door into the living room.

"I think that jumpsuit's too short," Ace grumbled, "Especially when two boys not from our family are coming round."

"Leave your sister alone," my dad sighed, walking down the stairs behind me and slapping Ace on the back of the head as he walked passed.

The idiot deserved it.

"But have you seen what she's wearing?" Ace whined.

"Yes. Yes I have," my dad responded, shooting a glare that signaled the end of the conversation.

But how was he OK with it? On a normal day, my dad would have acted just as protective as Ace, so I figured there must have been a reason for his acceptance. Guilt? That would have made sense after how he treated me yesterday.

"Whatever," my brother huffed, and I bit back a laugh at his childish attitude. He was meant to be twenty four!

As my dad began to walk away, I quickly twisted around and stuck my tongue out at Ace, immediately then turning back around and darting down the hallway and towards the kitchen before he could react.

I'm a bad guy.

"Get back here you little minx!" my bother yelled from behind me, causing a grin to break out widely across my face and a giggle to escape.

I sped up at the thought of my impending doom, easily running passed my dad who called out for me to slow down, which I discovered probably should have been a good idea after I caught my foot on the floor somehow and felt it slip out from underneath me, the carpet greeting my body before I even had time to realise what was happening.

A yelp escaped me, as the next thing I knew I found myself lying on the floor, body pressed against the carpet, resting on my elbows and my heart pounding from the adrenaline. However, I realised there were other matters at hand as my dad appeared at my side, dropping down onto his knees beside me.

"Are you OK, bambina?" my dad asked gently, placing a hand on my bicep and helping to pull me up.

"Yeah, I'm good," I grinned, not even having to lie. There was a slight ache in my ribs from where I had landed on the bruises, but most of my injuries had gone. The creams and medicines in my bathroom had been working amazingly over the last week or so.

It was more of how sudden my fall was that had scared me the most, but now the moment had passed, I couldn't help but laugh at how comical I must have looked.