03 ⊱ The Guardian & The Death Bringer

Chapter Three
The Guardian & The Death Bringer

Amari's P.O.V

"I'll be waiting for you outside, Miss." Paalam ni Valleen nang matapos na ako sa pagpili ng sapatos.

"Alright, I'll see you there." Mahinahong sagot ko sa kanya bago sya umalis.

Binuksan ko ang drawer ng vanity table ko at nakita ang ilang makeup sa loob nito.

Sabi kasi ni Valleen ay hindi daw nila kayang dalhin ang mismong cosmetics na ginagamit ko rito dahil nga hindi sila tao, so what they did is that they formulated products that are similar to the ones I used and custom made it for me.

To be honest, I don't feel alone here, and I'm quite thankful they didn't make me feel that. Sabihin nalang na'tin na ibang impyerno 'yung inakala ko...

I applied just the right amount of powder using the puff they included then used the rest of the makeup to enhance my face. I like keeping things natural.

Nang matapos naman na ako ay maingat kong hinila nang kaunti pa-itaas ang aking damit para maiwasang mapatid nito. Akmang lalakad na sana ako sa kabilang dako ng walk-in closet ko kung nasaan ang pintuan nang bigla nalang ako makaramdam ng kakaibang lamig.

And taking only a moment, I saw black ashes and mist forming a tall man's silhouette on the reflection.

"Tangina..." I cursed, at kakaripas na sana ng takbo nang may biglang humablot sa aking braso.

My head rose from getting shoved on his chest to meet his seemingly unforgettable face.

He freed a light chuckle. "You're still terrified of me, aren't you?"

"Syempre naman!" I threw him a look of pure judgment. "Malay ko ba kung inutusan mo lang sila para subukang kombinsihin ako na mag-tiwala sa'yo."

"We literally just met. Why would I let my guard down easily to a man who trapped me inside his castle and told me things I would never understand?"

"Yeah, you clearly are right." He scoffed before letting go of my arm. "You really won't be able to know everything if you won't try."

I crossed my arms after distancing myself, making him give me a bored look in return.

He tilted his head slightly. "Then, I'm guessing my expectations were wrong,"

"Yeah, I won't go easy on you, Klyde." I faked a smile.

He snickered, putting his hands inside his pockets. "You didn't let me finish, mi cielo."

I swallowed the water stuck at the back of my throat after seeing his eyes land on me before starting to come near. And just by his stare going downwards slowly, I immediately came to a final realization that it was never my movements he was inspecting.

"What do you think you're doing-" Naputol ang sasabihin ko nang bigla nalang syang naglaho sa aking harapan.

"Since if I'd be honest," His breath warmed my neck as I froze to feel his hands encircling my waist. "I thought you could go far worse."

"You're still that enchanting daredevil you've always been," He caressed my stomach.

"Klyde-"

"-And I liked that."

He tightened his grip on me and pulled me even closer. "Doesn't this remind you of anything, Amari?"