04 ⊱ Home

Chapter Four
Home

Amari's P.O.V

Halos isubsob ko ang aking mukha sa librong aking binabasa habang mag-isa sa loob ng library ng palasyo.

Today marks my second day here in Etheris. And here I am torturing myself by reading books about the histories of the Underworld.

Na pag-desisyonan ko kasing alamin ang mga ito. Para naman may alam manlang ako tungkol sa kastilyong tinitirhan ko.

"Los aliados." Mahinahon kong binasa ang nakaimprinta sa cover ng libro.

The book's cover was colored maroon, and it had carvings of several castles along with mountains serving as the main design.

'The Allies.' I kept my words to myself as I was greeted by the front page.

Sunod kong tahimik na binasa ang iilang katagang nasa sunod na mga pahina.

'The realms of Heaven, Hell, and the mortal world were all separated from each other. For one cleanses sins, while the other burns the sinners.'

'Yet despite the ridiculous contrast of the two, there's still only one passageway that would open the gates of both realms; The Mortal world.'

'It was believed that the world of humans holds many secrets, but not as much as what the people kept to themselves.'

Lumipat ako sa susunod na pahina.

'Humans were thought to be aware of how their world works. May it be based on science, and what they believe.' I paused shortly. 'However, there were a lot of things only we could understand.'

'Science knew many, yet still lacked. Beliefs existed, but there were misunderstandings.'

'There was a lot the human mind couldn't reach.'

'Including the people living in the afterlife, and the houses waiting for them.' I took a sip of the coffee beside me. 'How the two main worlds existed, and how there is more to Heaven and Hell than just being a home for souls.'

'The realms, The Heaven and The Underworld hold not just souls, but kingdoms as well.'

The next page displayed a picture of a ginormous white castle showered with elegant gold details.

'Aeris, the ruling kingdom above, keeps the abilities of light and weather with them. Known for being the most powerful inside the realm of Heaven, the King, and Queen of Aeris, namely; King Aiden Carlos Farrell, and Queen Phaedra Tanasia Helaine Maury, had two sons.'

'Below Aeris goes the kingdom of Melusia, the kingdom of water and singing sirens.' Muli akong humigop ng kauting kape mula sa aking tasa.

'The majesties only had a child, whose mother used to be a Siren, but was gifted permanent legs by her husband, the King of Melusia. Now, Queen Kehlani and King Fergus, met when the queen was still in her siren form. She was once attacked by his warriors who believed she was a monster but then unexpectedly, Fergus, who was still a prince back then came to defend Kehlani. Their love sprung and soon Fergus gave his dearest a human form and the two got happily married.'

"Cute." Hindi ko naiwasang mapangiti. Sunod ko namang binasa ang pahina na katabi lamang nung binabasa ko kanina.

'Beside Melusia is Paiverlyn. The kingdom of magic and witchcraft.'