13 ⊱ Spellbound

Chapter Thirteen
Spellbound

Amari's P.O.V

"I am Elina Christielle Reinhardt, my lady. Most refer to me simply as 'Christia,'" one of the doctors answered after hearing my question about their names. Hindi kasi ako nabigyan ng tyansang makausap sila nang masinsinan, so, I decided to just ask them directly.

"This is Ace," Christia paused and looked at the man organizing a couple of vials inside a wooden box not so far from us. "Ace Edward Reinhardt, my only brother."

"It's nice to meet you both, Christia and Ace," I forced a smile, even if my body still ached. "Too bad you two had to meet me in this state." Mahina akong natawa, still with caution.

"It is always more than a pleasure to serve you and the palace of Etheris, my lady," Ace was the first to respond. "We are only returning the favor Queen Cerci had given us."

Curiosity devoured me, "Favor?"

"My mother was the one that scouted them very young," napatingin ako kay Klyde nang marinig ko ang kanyang tinig sa aking tabi. "The Reinhardt's came from a bloodline of healers, and so Christia and Ace. The late queen had ordered the palace to train them to follow the footsteps of their mother, who had helped the queen give birth to me."

Helped the queen give birth? Makes sense why Klyde trusted them. Ang nanay naman pala kasi nitong magkapatid, ay ang nagpaanak naman sa reyna ng Etheris, to which was Klyde's mother.

"Your heartbeat seems stable now. Do you feel any other pain, my lady?" Tanong ni Christia nang matapos sa panggagamot at muling inalis ang stethoscope na nakalapat sa aking dibdib.

"I feel better now, though my arms still feel quite numb." Direktang sagot ko sa kanya at pinagmasdan ang katabi nyang katatayo lang mula sa upuan at tinabi ang hawak nitong lagyanang gawa sa kahoy.

"Glad to hear that," she paused with a soft smile marking her lips. "I'll be leaving, my lady, mi Rey. My brother will take over for now."

"The Tenastrian warriors have just arrived from the outbreak that ensued in the southern area of Esthevarde, and I'm being summoned to heal those with injuries," Christia said before making her way toward the door. "Adiós, señor y señora. Thank you for having me and my brother." She then bowed before finally leaving.

And as if on cue, someone knocked on the door right after she closed it. I watched as it opened and revealed one of the guards wearing full silver armor, and a metal spear on his hand.

"El Príncipe de Leritheum quiere verte, mi Rey." The guard lowered his head and uttered with his wrist up on his chest. "Quiere saber qué le pasó a la señora."

"Tell him to wait, I'm coming." Klyde made his way beside me and leaned to caress my hair. "I'll be back, mi cielo,"

"Ese idiota sigue poniéndome de los nervios." He sounded annoyed as he kissed me goodbye and rose from my bed.

Nang makaalis na si Klyde, muling lumapit sa akin ang lalaking doktor at lumipat sa upuan na hindi kalayuan sa kanang gilid ng aking higaan.

"You're bewitched, Lady Amari." Anunsyo nito nang walang pasintabi. His eyes radiated nothing else but seriousness as they lay upon me.