08 ⊱ Heart of Ice, Shadows of Light (CA 02)

Chapter Eight
Heart of Ice, Shadows of Light

- Celebration of Arrival II -

Amari's P.O.V

Halos isang oras din ang tinagal ng usapin naming apat. Proud to say, I got the chance to know each of them one by one, na kahit pa kakapiranggot lamang ang mga impormasyong ito, ay mahalaga pa rin ito sa akin. This is the least I can do as the lady of this castle.

Dahil rin dito'y may mga nalaman akong mga bagong bagay tungkol kay Klyde at sa relasyon ng Etheris sa mga kaharian ng tatlong kausap ko.

Bukod pa nga dun ay natuklasan ko rin ang mga kapangyarihang tinataglay nilang tatlo; Khair, The Princess of Aternus, holds the ability of time. Haden, Prince of Tenastra, got the power to control heat and fire, while The Prince of Leritheum, Wren, can control earth.

I'd be honest, the pressure of meeting such people of class really felt like a thorn was stuck in my throat. Though thankfully, they weren't even close to how bad I thought them to be.

"Looks like the groom is already missing his bride." Khair, who stood beside me leaned close to my ear for a whisper.

Dulot ng kanyang sabi ay agad akong napalingon, at nasalubong si Klyde na ngayo'y naglalakad papalapit sa amin.

"Then, I suppose we'll be leaving the two of you," Haden spoke as he smiled, the other two clearly agreeing with him.

"Thank you, your highnesses." I bowed.

"Just call us by our names," Khair was the first to respond. "No need to be so formal, you're the King's bride, anyways." She lightly chuckled.

"Oo nga! Lalo lang kaming nagmumukhang masama sa mga mata ng tao kapag naririnig nila ang mga pangalan ng kaharian namin!" Pangangatwiran ni Wren.

"Hays! Paano pa kaya pag nalaman nila kung saan kami nagmula?" Napabuntong-hininga sya bago umiling at nagpameywang.

"Have fun, you two." Khair left with a smile, as Haden and Wren followed her after we sent our goodbyes.

Walang-alinlangan kong hinarap si Klyde nang maramdaman ang presensya nya sa aking tabi.

"You look beautiful, mi Amor," He faced me, his eyes lingering on my body from head to toe. "Like always." Dagdag nya bago lalong lumapit sa akin at inabot ang aking mga kamay.

"You've told me that ever since I stepped inside your castle, Klyde." Mahinahon akong natawa nang humakbang papalapit upang palibutan ng aking mga kamay ang kanyang leeg.

"No," He grabbed my waist and pulled me even closer. "I've been saying that before you knew I existed, Amari."

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?" I felt him lightly sway my body as we dance to the slow rhythm of the sound of the instruments playing.

"I liked you for years, many to the point that it'll be countless." He calmly spoke before carefully spinning me. "I had cared for you even when I thought it would be impossible for me to do it again. And how I never knew what will happen once you finally realize why I brought you here."

"I was left with a heart-turned-ice when I lost her, and it never melted." Agad nya akong sinalo pabalik sa kanyang yakap, pressing my back against his chest.