Part 5

Webby's POV

I always tried to talk to make the silence go away. I hated the silence. And the worst part is that I don't know, I don't know anything. Sure Della lied to us, but she did it to protect us. Maybe I could talk to Della, not only to make her feel better after, but maybe also because I want to kill the silence. I looked around the plane. Huey and Dewey were staring outside, Louie was all the way in the back, not even on his phone. I had never seen him like this. I guess I could talk to Della right now. I took a deep breath and walked to the front of the plane.

''Hey, Della?''

''Wh- oh hey Webby.'' She took a quick glance and immediately focused on flying again. Well I didn't know if you could say that she was completely focused on anything really.

''So where are we flying?''

''Above the sea.''

''Cool, cool.''

That weird silence came back again. I looked at the boys. Surprisingly they were all asleep. Louie had a frown on his face.

''Wow, they are all asleep huh?''

''AHHH, I BLEW it!'' I jumped back a little from her sudden change of tone.

''What do you mean?''

''I mean that that whole bond I was finally making with Louie, is completely ruined!''

''Well, Y'know, he was just shocked, but it will be okay.''

''You think so?''

''Yes of course, when he wakes you will have a good talk with him, about your favourite adventures you two did together. And than you can forget about all of this.'' I lied, if I was being honest, I have never seen him so hurt. He doesn't want to leave everyone behind while he was running away. He may not be the bravest, but Louie Duck would never let his family down in real danger. Which I really admired about him.

''Do you have some adventures you did with him?''

''Well.. eh... ehm.''

''You didn't do anything with him?!''

''Of course I did, I grounded him!'' She regretted that instantly.

''I mean.. eh... I saved his life after putting is in danger because of a killer robot which I activated myself.''

''What about Huey and Dewey?''

''I did Huey and mine's favourite game, which was so much fun and entertaining. And Dewey and I went and that adventure with Scrooge. But we sneaked away to get into the secret vaults.'' The look on her face explained that she didn't really understand why I was asking this.

''And Louie?'' She suddenly realized why I asked it.

''I'm a horrible mom.''

''You have to learn, you've only been on earth for a few weeks. Give yourself some time too.''

''Hey mom?''

''Oh Dewey, what is it my dear?''

''Yeah, ehm just asking what the plan is.'' He asked very sleepily.

''Oh I dunno I think ab-.'' She was cut of by strange chanting from Dewey.

''Tree.'' He said very softly.

''Tree.''

''Tree.'' Every time he was speaking louder.

''Sweetie, I don't understand.''

''Tree!''

''TREE!''

''Wait tree?'' I looked in front of me and realized what he was trying to say. We were flying right into a tree. Della saw it too and tried to dodge it, but it was too late.

''COVER YOUR HEADS!''

I took a last glance at the plane, Huey was below a stool, but Louie was too late, we made some eye contact and he was scared to death. The last thing I saw were those scared eyes, I heard a loud thud.

And then complete darkness.

Something I hated more than silence.

Thank you for reading this chapter, give it a vote and a comment. And maybe give me a follow, see you next chapter :>