Part 7

Della's POV

''Hurry up!'' We were walking for about 5 minutes and I couldn't see the beach anymore. The kids were following me, but they didn't seem to happy. Right now I didn't care. Why couldn't Louie understand that all I was doing, I was doing it for them. But I had to focus, I had to find food to keep us all alive. Just like on.. the... MOON! No, just focus Della. Find food and keep everyone safe. I had a plan and I was going to carry it out.

I realized I was slowing down, so I picked up the pace again. What was I even doing? I had to find food. Come on focus Della. My thought are just getting worse, until Huey started to walk past me, stood infront of me and blocked the whole path.

''Mom, this needs to stop!''

''What do you mean?''

''I mean that we have been calling you for 20 minutes now. We don't have a plan at all AND we left Louie.''

''We do have a plan, find food.''

''We have just been walking for 20 minutes, it's like you are not even here.''

''I.. I'm sorry, let's find some food. Okay?''

''No. We have to make a good plan, after we go back and get Louie.''

''No way, he is grounded after his outburst and disrespect!''

''But leaving him behind while there are moonsoldiers searching for us!?''

''We are safe here, nobody is gonna find us. And it's Louie his own fault to be mad at me for keeping you safe!'' I sighed and sat down on a rock next to me. Huey sat next to me.

''Is that what has been bothering you?''

''Huh?''

''Louie is just angry that you and all the adults didn't tell us anything.''

''He just has to understand that I'm trying everything to keep you safe.''

''You know, we are scared for you.''

''What do you mean?''

''Well, it is a bit scary to hear that the whole moon is after your mother you just got back.''

''Are you worried about me?''

''Well, you know how it feels to be worried about a family member, don't you?''

''Ha, I was too busy worrying about you guys.'' I said, while ruffling with his hair.

''We all have our own way in processing this sort of extreme situations. And for Louie it's having extreme emotions and full fight mode to protect the people he cares about.''

''Was I too hard on him?''

''I'm not a parent, but I am the big brother. Just know that even if he doesn't show it that much, he cares much about you. I guess you could say that he takes the longest out of us three.''

''But he still looked pretty mad.''

''Believe me, I know Louie. If you take him with you, he will be mad, walking behind the group and mumbling angrily. After he realizes that it doesn't work he will apoligize. I've known him long enough for that.''

''Well let's give that a try.'' I stood up and realized my thoughts had cleared. Webby and Dewey walked towards me.

''So?'' Dewey asked nervously.

''Let's get your brother and survive this moonvasion together. No more secrets okay?'' His face filled with relieve.

''Let's go!'' Webby yelled enthusiastically.

Louie's POV

''Stupid mom. Stupid moovasion. Stupid everything.'' I mumbled while walking away from the group and towards the plane. When I came there I sat down angrily for 1 minute. I turned my head around hoping for them to come back, so I could be mad at someone. But they didn't. 

Great. What was I supposed to do? What is the use of me being mad when I can't show to people that I am mad. I laid down on the beach thinking about what just happened. Was I overreacting? maybe?

I was overreacting wasn't I. Mom could have told us the plan, but she knew that we wouldn't listen. She was protecting us and this is how I respond. But we betrayed our family. But uncle Scrooge came up with the plan, so we didn't betray them. But..? Ahhh. I hate being left alone with me thoughts. I had to make up my mind. Was I going to be mad at mom when they return?

Ehm?

No. This was a moonvasion and we had to work together.

''You know what, when I see that Lunaris guy threatening my family, I will punch him in his face.'' I mumbled quietly. I stood up and decided to find my family so I could apologize immediately. Before I did that though, I looked towards the sea and gave Lunaris a message.

''You hear that Lunaris! You better not mess with my family or... Or.'' I couldn't really think of something threatening though, but I kept going ''Or... Or-''

''Or what? Llewellyn Duck?''

Thank you for reading this part :) I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far. I also made an art book, so if you want to check that out you can go to my profile :)