Part 9

Della's POV

We were almost at the end of the forest. I could already see the red plane scraps. I had an apology ready for every single one expression he could have. While I was walking, I was rehersing them in my head.

If he looked angry; Look Lou, I'm sorry I lied to you. From now on, let's do this together!

We where almost there.

A shocked expression; Sweetheart.. I love you so much and I won't lie anymore. Come on, we're in this togeter!

The beach sand was a bit hot on my foot, but I kept walking.

Maybe sad; My darling boy, when I was on the moon all I wanted was to be with you. I shouldn't have lied. All I wanted to do was to protect you. 

And then I should end with a hug.

We arrived at the plane. ''Louie! Where are you?'' I asked while jumping through the scrap and looking. ''I understand you're mad, but please let me make it up to you?''

''I can't find him mom!'' Dewey yelled from the other side of the plane.

''Ehm mom?'' Huey said, while gesturing me to him.

''What is it Hu-'' But I stopped. I followed his pointing fingers to the foodprints on the sand. While kneeling down I inspected the prints. I almost looked like a fight. Two little duck footprints, from Louie. Something was glimmering in the sun. I picked it up.

A dartpin. With a tiny string of green thread sticking to it. I looked further and 10 meters away from the darpin was something weird. I walked towards it. It almost looked like... I couldn't think about it.

''It looks like a place where a rocketship took off.'' Huey said. I fell to my knees and Dewey and Webby came walking towards us.

''Mom ar.. are you okay?''

''They got him Dew. The moonsoldiers took him away. I let the soldiers take him away.''

''That's not true. This is none of your fault!''

''LOOK AT THIS HUEY! The ONE thing I had to do was keep us all together!''

''None of us could've known that Louie would've been taken or not! Mom we have to think now instead of saying who's fault it is!''

''Well what do you expect me to do?!''

''Safe him! Together.'' He smiled and offered a hand to help me up, which a took.

''We first have to get back to Duckburg, before Lunaris gets a hold on Louie.'' Webby suggested. ''But how in the world do we get there?'' 

''Della?'' The kids looked up, while I was trying to recognise that voice.

''Wait... Penny?'' I said while running towards the sound, with the kids following me. I stopped in my tracks. There she stood.

''PENNY!'' I ran to her and hugged her. But I also started crying. I had a million questions.

''Why is the moon invading us?''

''What does Lunaris want with my family?''

''How did you come here?''

''Calm there, my friend.'' She sounded a bit uncomfortable, but my emotions about Louie were now dominating my thoughts. ''Listen to me. Lunaris told everybody that you were a spy, the first one of a whole Earth invasion.''

''Bu- but why?''

''I don't know, but you need to keep your family safe! Where are your boys?''

''The soldiers, they took my youngest.'' I said.

''This is not good Della, as soons as your youngest one is with Lunaris then. I don't even know what he is going to do with him.'' 

I didn't know how to respond, It took me 10 years to go back to my boys. And now one of them was taken away from me and I had no way of knowing about what is happening to him.

''How are we getting him back Penny?'' I whispered.

''Well... Maybe this will help.'' She walked away and I followed her. She pointed to something and I couldn't believe what I saw. There was the spear of Selene. ''I can give you a ride if you want?''

''Penny I can't believe it. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!'' I hugged her with tears of joy in my eyes. ''Kids! Come here! We are going to get your brother back!'' Webby, Dewey and Huey ran towards me and immediately entered the ship. While I took a last glance at the scraps of the Cloudslayer.

''Are you coming?''

''I just don't understand why? Why did Lunaris lie about me? Why did they take Louie?''

''I don't know his reasons, but when they left I followed them to warn you. I'm so sorry Della. I could've stopped him.''

''No it's okay, you did everything you could. It's more my fault, I shouldn't have left him.''

''Well, let's board the ship. The sooner we're in Duckburg the beter.''

''Let's go Penny.''

Dewey's POV

We all sat down, while Della and Penny, I think, were still talking.

''Are you okay Dewey?''

''Wha- oh yeah Webby.''

''You just zoned out.''

''Oh sorry.'' I simply answered.

''Don't worry about Louie, we will find him.''

''This is the first time we are separated. Right Hue?''

''I don't trust that friend of mom.'' Huey also seemed very distant.

''Really, Penny, she's cool.''

''No, she knows something about our brother that she isn't telling us.'' He zoned out a bit and looked out the window. ''And I will find it out.''

Thank you for reading this chapter. Leave a vote and comment if you enjoyed it :)))