Chapter 7

Walking back from the Great Hall, my spirits lifted some by my conversation with Harry, I found myself walking up the rotating staircases, making my way towards class.

Before I could reach morning potions, Draco ambushed me, pulling me into his arms. The surprise caught me off guard but then I shoved him back, feeling entirely put off by the situation in conjunction with the talk we got from our professors.

"Oh, what, Potter gives you a napkin and now Slytherin boys are beneath you?"

"Draco, you were always beneath me. Last night was a mistake, one I'm paying for dearly. Let's just forget it happened and move on, okay?"

"You're a right tease, you know that? A real skank."

"You don't get to talk to me like that."

"I'm a Malfoy, I'll talk to you however I like."

"I'm only going to ask you once, Draco. Stay away from me. Please."

"Or what? You'll snog me in the woods again?"

"Or I'll dangle you above the rotating staircases by the back of your robes. Don't test me, Malfoy."

"All talk. Everyone knows. You enjoyed it, you enjoyed getting felt up by someone above your station. But now you want some fame too, to be the girl who snogged Harry Potter."

"Goodbye, Malfoy."

"You're a Slytherin like me, bloodsucker, and Slytherins and Gryffindors don't mix."

I pushed past him, suddenly finding myself less attracted to Draco than ever. What was I even thinking? He was nothing but a callous, spoiled little prick.

Dumbledore was right,I probably could do better.