Chapter 18

As the semester dragged to a close I started to feel... Kind of bad for Britney. The bewildering look she'd had before was gone now, she didn't just look defeated, she looked... Miserable.

I started seeing her, Jess and Alice together a lot less. And whenever she passed me in the corridors, she couldn't even look me in the eyes.

Willow had some choice words to describe her.

"I can't believe the audacity of that little Gryffindor bitch! I've half a mind to do her in myself." Willow said one night to me in the Slytherin dorm room as we sat on her bed.

"Willow, just... Let it go. I don't want any more trouble this semester." I sighed.

"She tried to kill you, Ebb!" Willow yelled out.

"Well, she wouldn't be the first."

"She's an idiot and I don't want her anywhere near you."

"Willow, it's over now, Professor McGonagall has dealt with it."

"To hell with that! We ought to dismember one of her limbs, she how she likes it-"

"Willow, come off it!" I yelled at her. Willow stared at me quietly for a second, her huffed up rage gone.

"I didn't mean to upset you..."

"No, I'm sorry. Just... Look, I know you don't like that she's still here but it's better for everyone this way, okay? Sometimes... We have to sacrifice for the greater good."

"Hey, Ebb?"

"Yeah?"

"When we graduate, when we get out of this place? We'll be queens. No one will ever attack you like that again. No one will ever get to you. I'll make sure of it, I'll make sure they never reach us."

"My hero." I smilled, and gave Willow a playful shove.

"Who knows, the world is changing, maybe we could even end up Death Eaters."

"I'd make a pretty bad ass Death Eater. I imagine that's why You-Know-Who wants me so bad."

"You'd make all the others wet themselves. Who knows, he might even make you his right hand woman."

"And then I'd betray him and I'd be the baddest witch of all time. And you and me could get a big old castle and rule the world."

"We'd be very benevolent monarchs." Willow laughed.

"Perhaps I'd make him my footstool." I smiled.

We laughed about things for the rest of the night. Willow and I got close over the course of the semester. I was really happy to be with her, to enjoy spending time with her.

We went about the rest of our evening as normal. But I couldn't help like feeling like I needed to talk to Britney. Just... To wrap things up.

Seemed like the right thing to do.