Chapter 1. Family ties

(A/N) Copyright © TURTUREL, 2020.

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without permission in writing from me, the only legal owner of this book.

Please keep in mind, that "The rightful Luna" is only lawfully published on Wattpad. If you are reading this book on any other site it is illegally published on that particular site.

Please also note that I will take legal actions against any infringement of my copyrights.

Six months in the future

It was already more than six months ago, the last time she saw her family as a real loving one. It was the time before she left her home for the watcher test. A month later she returned to her pack, surprising her family with the fact that she had passed the watcher test.

It left them shocked at that time, because nobody had expected her to pass. How could Celia have the ability to become one of the watchers of the packs, one who would have full authority to judge the alpha of each pack how they deemed fit, even dismissing them from their position. One of the few people directly under the command of his highness, the king of all werewolves.

Encouraging her to take the test by her mother had only been an easier way to get her away from the pack, so her younger sister could steal her mate. They had thought that, considering the time it took for the training and the test itself, she would be away from the pack for six months, and in this time her sister would have already become the Luna in her place, leaving her without any choice to do something about it.

But fate helped her see the real face of her loved ones. The period of time had been shortened by the Academy. It went down from six months to just one month for the test to take place. So when she came back, it was just in time for the Luna ceremony of her sister.

She left her pack territory then, thinking she would never return to see her family again. She did not mind so much the mate she lost, because her family's actions had hurt her more.

But six months or more later, when normally it would have been the time she would have returned home, if the timing for the testing had not been changed, here she was... holding the arm of the werewolf king, the most powerful of werewolves.

She was waiting with him for the massive doors of the ballroom to open and for the doorman to announce their presence. And even though the ball took place in the compound of the Royal Palace, she was moments away of seeing the parents she had thought she would never see again.

Present time

"Sister!!!"

A loud shout and the door bursting open were enough to wake up the heaviest of sleepers. For someone like Celia, who was always mindful of her surroundings, even more so. It was still early morning, but as always Celia did not have the luxury of sleeping in.

Ever since she turned twelve years old, it had been her task to make breakfast and do the miscellaneous jobs around the house.

Her mother had started making her do small chores at first, easy ones, until it escalated. Now practically, she was the one doing the jobs, while her mother would assist on rare occasions. It was not even necessary for her mother to tell her what to do anymore. It was already the norm that she had to do the chores.

"It will be beneficial for you once you start your own family. You have to start learning early your way around the house, otherwise people would laugh at me, saying I do not know how to educate my daughter properly."