Chapter 8

After work Amiyah thought that she deserved some time for self care so her relaxed her in a bubble bath as she wore a face mask and listened to music.

As she hummed to the music, her cell phone rang. She looked over at it and it was Dominic, so she just let it ring. The phone stopped ringing and he called again right after, so she answered it.

"I am trying to relax", Amiyah said.

"I'm outside", he said.

"Outside? For what?", she asked.

"Hey I gotta stay somewhere for tonight", he said.

"A hotel?", she said.

"Booked. And I'm not staying no where else less have 3 stars", he said.

"Oh my gosh. You know you have another friend you can go bother", she said.

"But that other friend, isn't my best friend", he said. "Well best friend that's a female"

"What about you best friend that's a male?", she asked.

"Out of town", he said. "Hey, I thought I told you to get the bolt lock fixed or replaced. The bottom lock ain't shit. Anybody can come in your house Miyah"

"I'm going to get it changed. I just kept forgetting", Amiyah said. "Besides, no break-ins so far right?", she asked jokingly with a chuckle.

"That's not funny", he said.

"I know", she said was she stopped smiling.

"Where you at?", he asked. "I'm downstairs"

"You're in the house?", Amiyah questioned.

"I told you anybody can break in, as long as they got a card or something", he said.

Amiyah sighs.

"I'm going to Lowe's in the morning to buy a new one for you and I'll replace it", he said. "But Just come down whenever. I'm going to kick my feet up and watch TV. You know make myself at home"

Amiyah chuckled. "You are something else you know that?", she said.

Dominic chuckled.

Amiyah hung up the phone and went to drain the water. She grabbed her towel and stood up and wrapped it around her. As she got out, her phone rang again and this time it was Lamar.

"Hello", she said after answering the phone.

"Hey, just calling to check on you", he said.

"Thank you", she said with a smile. "But I'm fine. I know you probably feel bad about today and well that wasn't your fault"

"Yea, I'm sorry about that", he said.

"It's okay. Really", she said.

"So, um what are you up to?", he asked as he looked at his computer and zoomed in on Dominic in the living.

"Well, I was taking a bath due to all the stress I've been dealing with this week but my friend decided to come into town", she said.

"Oh that's nice. If you wanna reschedule dinner for tomorrow so you and her can hang out then that's cool", he said.

"It's actually a him", she said. "He's just going to spend the night here and we go to the baby shower in the after noon and then he's leaving"

"He's spending the night?", he asked.