Chapter 37

Later that night everybody turned out to be fine. Amiyah's aunt and cousin got home safely and Dominic was at the hospital recovering.

Lamar had Amiyah out in the country in a small house. Amiyah was sitting on the bed and Kaden was next to her. She was scared to hold him because she still had the bomb that on her wrist.

She got up and walked to the living room where Lamar was.

"Where you going?", he asked.

"I was just coming to talk to you", Amiyah said.

"Talk about what?", Lamar asked. "How I lost my job? How you had sex with that guy while- while my son was sleeping and alone?"

Amiyah looked down.

"I realized something", he said as he got up.

Amiyah looked at him as she kept her cool.

"You shouldn't even be in my face right now", he said with a chuckle. "You- you shouldn't even be here"

Lamar got closer to her.

"Lamar -"

Lamar grabbed her by her neck and put her against the wall.

"I was good to you. First you lie to me, then you betray me", Lamar said.

Amiyah could barely breathe but she did smell alcohol on him.

"I should've killed him. I don't know why I listened to you", Lamar said. "Now he is probably telling the police stuff"

Amiyah grabbed Lamar's hand and Lamar let go of her and walked away. Amiyah started to catch her breath.

Lamar started to get frustrated as he touched his head.

Amiyah sigh quietly. She didn't even wanna be there, she was scared.

"I'll be back", Lamar said. "Go anywhere again and this time, I will kill you. If I can't have you, what makes you think that somebody else can"

"Here are you going?", Amiyah said.

"Don't worry about where I'm going!", he shouted. "You just stay!"

Amiyah jumped.

Lamar grabbed some keys and stormed out.

Amiyah started crying, she was afraid that he was going after Dominic.

Amiyah looked around for a phone when she saw a house phone. She picked it up and called Dominic's cell phone. He didn't answer so she called again and that's when he picked up.

"Hello?", he said.

"Dominic", Amiyah said crying.

"Miyah?", he asked.

"Yes, listen to me. Please watch yourself because Lamar just left and he was talking about killing you and-"

"Don't worry about me", Dominic said.

"Dominic, I didn't want to leave you but I didn't have a choice", Amiyah said. "He was going to kill you"