Chapter 15

The next morning, Lamar decided to let Bianca go. Even though Bianca wanted to to go the police, she promised she wouldn't. She respected Amiyah's decision and hoped that she was right about him.

Amiyah did go to work today and so did Lamar. Bianca stayed home though, she wasn't feeling the best. Later that day, Amiyah got a second phone because she realized that Lamar may have his phone connected to hers and she went to Bianca's house.

"So, I didn't tell the police. What's your plan from here?", Bianca asked.

"I don't know. Find him some resources and get him some help", Amiyah said.

"Are you still dating him?", Bianca asked.

Amiyah was quiet.

"You can't date him, Amiyah. He is unstable", Bianca said.

"I know but if I break up with him he'll definitely be unstable", Amiyah said. "Besides...if you get to know his true side-"

Bianca cut Amiyah off. "His true side is fake. The one you've been talking to, kissing...is fake. It's built on the type of guys you like", Bianca said. "He's been studying you for god only knows how long"

Amiyah looked down. "Point is, it won't be that hard to play along because he doesn't act crazy toward me.", said Amiyah.

"You have a good heart and you've always had a good heart and I'm going to need to be careful", Bianca said.

Amiyah looked at her. "If it isn't his true side, then he's one hell of an actor", Amiyah said. "When we're together I still feel that he's that same guy from high school. Just older and...cuter"

Bianca sighed.

"But at the end of the day I just wanna help him", Amiyah said. "That's it. If things go good from there then so be it. He seems to be the only guy who won't play with my feelings or the only one who will man up"

"Man up? Are you talking about Dominic", Bianca asked.

Amiyah rolled her eyes. "No im not talking about him", she said.

"Yes you are", Bianca said.

Amiyah sighed. "It doesn't matter. At the end of the day he's still acting like a little scary ass boy who can't even admit that he at least likes someone", Amiyah said. "But if doesn't even matter because I tired of waiting for him. I'm in my mid 20s. I wanted to be married by now. I wanted to have my first child at this age at least. By the time he admits to something...ain't no telling how old I'll be or if he'll even still continue to have feeling for me"

"So... a guy that is literally crazy about you, is literally crazy and you want to fix him because you wanna start a family before you're 30?", Bianca said.

"That's not why", Amiyah said.

"All I'm saying is...life is a short but long process. When things happen, it should happen freely and not forced and I don't think that him basically forcing you to be with him is good for you or him. And you setting up different milestones for yourself and you can't complete them when you want to, you don't go out and force that either. Especially too fast" , Bianca said.

"I know", Amiyah said.

"Have you heard from him today?", Bianca asked.

"Yea. Almost every hour", Amiyah said as she looked down. "More frequent than before", she mumbled.

"Overbearing and the more you continue to show him attention and give him what he's wants, it isn't no telling how bad things can get", Bianca said.