Chapter 41

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT & VOTE💛

That night, Amiyah went home. Lamar was staying with her until he was back on his feet.

Lamar was upstairs in a guest room when she walked into the house.

Amiyah went upstairs to shower and walked into the bathroom to a bubble bath with rose peddles in it. Suddenly, she heard Lamar's voice behind her.

"It's probably cold by now. I did it around the time you usually come home", Lamar said.

Amiyah's back was still facing him. "Thank you", she said. "This was nice of you"

"I'll rerun it if you want me to", Lamar said.

"No, it's okay", Amiyah said.

"... is everything okay?", Lamar asked.

"I'm fine", she replied as she finally went to go drain the water.

Lamar walked closer to her and turned her around. Amiyah got a little scared until she realized that Lamar didn't want to do anything to her, he just wanted to see her face.

"Have you been crying? Your eyes are red", he said.

After leaving Dominic, Amiyah cried a lot in the car.

"I just didn't have a good day today", Amiyah said.

"Is there anything I can do to help?", Lamar asked.

"No", Amiyah said as she walked passed him out of the bathroom to get some clothes to sleep in.

Lamar stood there for a moment. He didn't like seeing her sad. He was about to go talk to her but he heard the doorbell. He started to go answer the door but Amiyah made it out the room before him.

"I got it", she said.

"Okay", Lamar said as he stopped walking.

Amiyah walked into the living and then to the front door. She looked through the peak hole. It was Dominic. She backed away from the door and stood there before a moment. He rang the door bell again and that's when she opened it.

"Hey", he said. "I came to apologize for what I said earlier. I was out of line...for what I said about you"

Amiyah looked to the side.

"...can I come in?", Dominic asked.

"I don't think that's a good idea", Amiyah said.

Dominic made a face and then he saw Lamar walk by.

"What is he doing here?", Dominic asked.

"...I don't have anything to explain to you", Amiyah said. "But if you must know, he's staying here until he gets back on his feet"

"Or until he finds some way to get into your heart right?", Dominic asked.

Amiyah walked outside with Dominic and shut the door. She got mad.

"The only person who's pushing me into another man's arms is you. I get it, I hurt you but it wasn't to be selfish. But that doesn't matter because I was still wrong right? But people make mistakes... I should've found a way to be with you and help him but I wanted to make sure he genuinely wanted to get help and it wouldn't have worked if I was still with you because you wouldn't like some of the choices I had to make", she said as she started tearing up. "Look I am sorry. I want to be with you but today I saw that you didn't change"

"What are you talking about?", he asked.

"Still sleeping around these females", she said.

"I am single. I get horny. What do you expect?", Dominic asked.

Amiyah looked away as she folded her arms.

"And if you thinking I'd cheat on you then you need to think again", Dominic said.

Amiyah looked at him. "You said you were ready to settle down...if that was true then you wouldn't be sleeping with a girl that you aren't even with", Amiyah said.

"Maybe because the only female I see myself settling down with, pushed me to the side", Dominic said.

While Amiyah and Dominic were outside talking, Lamar was pacing back and forth. Every now and then he heard the volume of their voice getting loud. A part of him wanted to open the door and the other part of him was telling him that it isn't his business. Finally, he started to walk to the door and that's when Amiyah opened it and came in.

"Everything okay?", he asked.

"Yes, Lamar", Amiyah said.

"...you guys wanna be together don't you?", Lamar asked.

Amiyah looked away. "I don't know what he wants...I don't even know what I want", Amiyah said.

"...my next step in therapy was to- to um let you go", Lamar said.

Amiyah looked at him.

"If I say that I love you like I say I do then...I should let you be happy whether it's with him, me, or by yourself", Lamar said.

Amiyah walked to him and touched his cheek.

He loved it when she did that. He loved her touch, period.

"I'm happy that therapy is working for you", Amiyah said. "And I'm happy that you're actually working through it"

"...Me too", Lamar said. "I feel so much more...in control"

Amiyah smiled slightly. "I think that me being by myself is what's best for me", she said.

"Okay", he said.

Amiyah stopped touching him. "I'm going to go wash", Amiyah said.

"Okay", Lamar said.

Amiyah began walking but Lamar started to say something.

"Amiyah?", Lamar said.

Amiyah stopped and looked at him. "Yes?", she asked.

"I love you and I always will", he said.

Amiyah smiled a little. "...Goodnight Lamar", Amiyah said.

Amiyah walked to her room and into the bathroom. She took a shower, put lotion on her skin and got dressed. She realized that it was really quiet as she walked to the living and noticed that Lamar was gone. She looked in the kitchen then she went to his room and the closet door was open and his clothes and things were gone.

Amiyah did think it was weird of what he said before she went into the shower but she didn't think much of it. But Lamar actually left.

TO BE CONTINUED...
DONT FORGET TO COMMENT & VOTE💛