Chapter 17

It's been a few weeks later Lamar and had been fine. He was acting like the Lamar she was getting to know when they first started dating, the loner she met at school. Of course, somethings were different about him from when we were on school like the way he dresses, how he looks, and her attraction to him. It was just him being so clingy that she disliked. She always liked her days wear she was alone but she afraid to ask for it.

Amiyah and Lamar were on the couch kissing. She felt him lifting up her shirt as he hovered over her. She touched his chest and slightly lifted him up.

"We can't Lamar. Not right now. I have to meet my dad", Amiyah said.

Lamar looked at her. It looked like he didn't wanna get off but he did anyways and sat on the end of the couch.

Amiyah sat up and looked at him. It's like he wanted to have sex with her everyday lately.

"Later?", Lamar asked after looking at Amiyah.

Amiyah nods.

"So when are you going?", he asked.

"Now I guess", she said. "It's been a while since I saw him"

Lamar nods.

Amiyah got up from of the couch.

Lamar watched her.

Amiyah walked to the door after putting up her bag and keys and put her shoes on.

"Bae?", Lamar said.

Amiyah looked at him.

"You're so beautiful", he said.

Amiyah smiled. "Thank you", Amiyah said. "See you later"

Lamar nodded.

Amiyah left.

Lamar got up and went upstairs.

Once Amiyah to the prison, she talked to her dad of course once he came out.

"I did talk to the guy and well I think my chances of getting you out are slim to none", Amiyah said.

"It's okay", her dad replied. "But I'm not worried about that. Let's just talk about your dad"

"My day is good so far", Amiyah said.

"Looks like you have a lot on your mind", her dad said.

"I have a lot on my plate actually", Amiyah said.

"A little challenge won't hurt you right. I should know because you're my daughter", her dad said.

Amiyah smiled.

"Have you spoke to your mother?", her dad asked.

"You mean my auntie. The one who actually raised me and got me through school?", she asked. "I talked to her yesterday"

"I meant your real one. She came by here and she's been trying to reach you", her dad said.

"And you don't feel any way about that?", Amiyah asked. "She felt up for another family, left me for another family"

Her dad looked down. "Amiyah, it wasn't like that", he said.

"You're taking up for her? Why? Why now?", Amiyah asked.

"...there's something I need to tell you", he said. "Your mom didn't just forget about you, she wanted to be in your life but I didn't let her see you"

Amiyah made a face.

"I was angry with her and I wanted her to hurt as much I felt when she left me. I was selfish and I'm sorry", her dad said.

"...why would you do that?", Amiyah asked.

"I don't know and I'm sorry", he said.

"But even when you went to jail I never heard from her", Amiyah said.

"Because I told your aunt to keep it that way", he said.

"...you've been lying to me basically my whole life", Amiyah said.

"I wanted to tell you years ago but I didn't want to ruin our relationship", he said.

Amiyah shook her head.

"I'm sorry", he said.

"Bye dad", she said before hanging up the phone and getting up.

Her dad walked her walk away and he felt bad. He hung the phone up and got up and then a guard walked him back to his cell.

After leaving the prison, Amiyah spent the rest of the day to herself. She was so busy thinking about what her dad told her.

Suddenly, she escaped from her thoughts when the door bell rang.

Amiyah got up from her bed and grabbed her phone to see the time. That's when she saw that she had multiple missed calls from Lamar.

"Oh shit", Amiyah said as she rushed downstairs to answer the door. She opened it and it was who she expected, Lamar.

"I'm so sorry. My phone was on silent", Amiyah said.

Lamar walked in, he didn't say anything. He just looked around at the spots his micro cameras were supposed to be, but they were gone. It was hard for Amiyah to find but she did and she removed them.

Amiyah watched him as she shut the door.

Lamar quickly turned around and grabbed her chin and made her look him in his eyes.

"What were you doing?", he asked. "Huh? I've been calling you for hours. I'm sitting here at work worried sick"

Amiyah was so scared she couldn't talk.

"I asked you a god damn question", Lamar said.

Amiyah started crying a little bit. "Nothing. I was- I was just sitting in my room", Amiyah said.

Lamar continued to hold her chin tight, and look at her to see if she was lying.

"My dad told me something and I've just been stressing about what I should do or what i should believe", Amiyah said as she cried a little bit more. "That's it"

Lamar studied her a bit more and realized she wasn't lying. Then he noticed her crying which caused him to come back to his senses and he let her go.

"I'm so sorry, Amiyah", he said as he gently touched her arms. "I'm sorry"

Amiyah continued to look away from him as she calmed herself down.

"I don't wanna hurt you", he said. "It's just that you took the cameras down. Why did you take them down?"

"You have your privacy, why can't I have mine?", Amiyah asked softly.

"I've been giving you that. I haven't been watching you", he said. "I was just going to use it for emergencies"

Amiyah didn't say anything, she was still kind of scared. His moods switch so quick so she didn't know if he was going to get mad again.

Lamar looked down as he stopped touching her then back at her. "Okay...your choice", he said.

Amiyah looked at him. She didn't expect him to say that.

Lamar kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry", he said.

Amiyah nodded slowly.

"We still on for dinner?", he asked. "We can talk about what happened with your dad"

"...let me just get myself together...and I'll be ready", Amiyah said, still not making eye contact with him.

Lamar moved out of her way and Amiyah went upstairs to calm herself down and get herself together and they left to get something to eat.

Amiyah didn't want things to get worst, because the next rage may not be so nice. However she was going to help him, she needed to think of something quick or else she would have no choice but to leave him.

TO BE CONTINUED...