Chapter 31

DONT FORGET TO VOTE & COMMENT 💛

It's been a week since Dominic and Amiyah got away from Los Angeles. They were currently staying in an apartment which was temporary until they found somewhere stable to stay. It was a one bedroom apartment so Amiyah got the bed, while Dominic slept on the couch.

"You know you don't have to actually live with me", Amiyah said. "If you find something for yourself you can-"

Dominic cut her off. "I'm sorry to interrupt you Amiyah but I just been meaning to talk to you about something", Dominic said. "It kinda has something to do with that subject so that's why I'm bringing it up"

"Okay?", Amiyah said.

"I am in no rush because I understand you just got out of a relationship but...what's up with me and you?", Dominic asked.

"We aren't together if that's what you're asking", Amiyah said.

"I know we aren't, I'm talking about in the near future", Dominic said.

"...I mean like...if you're only going to be for me then yes. If not...no", Amiyah said.

"I wouldn't want to date you if I was going to play you Amiyah", Dominic said.

"...well if that's the case than yes... in the near future", Amiyah said.

"Okay, so until then I guess we can be roommates. Just so I know that stuff has cooled down", he said.

"It has been a week...maybe he can't find me", Amiyah said.

"Maybe...", Dominic said. "I'm going to work"

"It's crazy how fast you can get these jobs", Amiyah said.

"That the power of networking. You on the other hand, should try and get a job. I don't think you should let him get in the way of what you love", Dominic said.

"Yea..but they he'll also find me because of court appearances...I think I may need to step of our law for a while", Amiyah said. "Get a basic job so I don't have to live off you"

"Amiyah, girlfriend or not, you're still my best friend...I got you", Dominic said. "The only thing I ask is can I please sleep on the bed, instead of the couch? My back is killing me"

"You chose to do that Dominic", Amiyah said.

"I know. I was being a gentleman and letting you get the bed but...this back pain ain't it", he said.

Amiyah chuckles. "I'll give you a massage or something", Amiyah said.

"...alright", Dominic said.

Amiyah smiled a little as she looked at his suit. "...I never thought I'd see you wear those on a regular basis though", Amiyah said.

"Hey, if I didn't meet you, I wouldn't be", Dominic said.

Amiyah's smile got bigger. "Well I'm glad I met you then...it's good to see a black man doing good for themselves. I'm really proud of you"

Dominic smiled. "And Visa versa when it comes to a black woman", Dominic said.

"...but I don't want you to be late for your first day", Amiyah said.

"Oh yea. I'll see you later. Call me if you need me", Dominic said.

"Okay", Amiyah replied. "Bye"

Dominic walked out of the room and left.

Amiyah sat against the pillows and picked up a book. One good thing about dating Lamar was that Amiyah found some books that actually enjoyed reading. She felt the urge to pee so get put the book down and went to the bathroom.