Chapter 33

DONT FORGET TO LIKE & COMMENT💛

It's been a four weeks since Amiyah gave birth to Kaden and everything was different for her. She didn't get much sleep. Although, Dominic is always willing to help, she doesn't really let him. Especially when she has to tend to Kaden at night. As of right now Dominic was working and Amiyah was out for maternity leave, so she wanted him to get all of his sleep.

"I go back to work next week and I have no idea what to do with Kaden", Amiyah said.

"Daycare?", Dominic said.

"Yea...but I'm a little nervous about that", Amiyah said. "I don't really trust anybody else with him other than you and my aunt...wow...my aunt hasn't even met him yet. I need to call her"

"You're nervous about Lamar huh?", Dominic said.

"Kinda...but he'll still be gone for like 6 or 7 months so like you said...until then I have nothing to worry about... it's just the world in general I'm worried about", Amiyah said.

"Amiyah, I didn't expect you to be the over protective parent", Dominic said.

"I didn't either but I guess that first born does that to you right?", Amiyah asked.

"I guess... I mean I haven't experienced that yet", Dominic said.

Amiyah nods.

"I'll help you look for something and I'll help you pay if you need me to", Dominic said.

"No. I mean you can help me find it but I'm paying for it myself", Amiyah said.

"Why do you keep doing this Miyah?", Dominic asked.

"Doing what?", Amiyah asked.

"Not letting me help you with Kaden", Dominic said.

"Because he's not your responsibility", Amiyah said.

"I know he isn't but if I offer to do something, then I want to do it", he said. "I don't see a crime in that"

"Since this whole thing with Lamar, you've been acting like I'm some charity case", Amiyah said.

"Why are you acting like this??", he asked.

Amiyah palmed her face as she looked down. "I'm sorry", she said. "I'm just stressed out"

Dominic got up and sat next to her on the couch and touched her back.

"You're not a charity case, Amiyah. You're my friend...I've just been trying to show you that no matter what I'm here for you", he said.

"...you haven't been out to have fun since we got here and I just don't wanna have you miss out of that", she said.

"I haven't done a lot of things since we got here", he mumbled as he sighed. "But, it's all because I want to prove how I wanna be with you"

Amiyah looked at him.

"And I'm going to continue to be patient", he said as he looked into her eyes.

Amiyah's eyes looked down then back at him as she smiled a little.

Dominic smiled a little as he looked away and began to change the subject. "But I'm surprised Kaden is sleep, usually he is-"

Amiyah interrupted him as she turned his face to her and started kissing him. Dominic's eyes got wide and then he began to relax and kiss her back.

"Mmm", he said as they kissed.

Amiyah put her forehead on his as she stopped kissing him and she started chuckling.

"Do you really have to ruin this moment?", Amiyah asked.

"What? You're a good kisser", he said.

Amiyah saw that he got hard. "I can tell", she said.

"What?", Dominic asked hoping she didn't notice.

Amiyah looked at him and smiled. "Nothing", she said.

Dominic got up trying to hide the bulge in his pants, by having his back face her. He began to think about something that would make him soft.

"What are you doing? What's wrong?", she asked.

"Nothing", he said. "I just thought I saw something on the wall"

Amiyah made a face as she smirked.

"Weirdo", she said jokingly.

Yea, you're not the one that has to deal with blue balls, he thought to himself.

Amiyah got up and walked to him.

Dominic looked at her.

"I think I'm ready", Amiyah said.

Dominic raised his eyebrows. Sex was on his mind after that so he thought she was talking about that.

Amiyah waited for a response. "So, do you wanna try out this whole dating thing?", she asked.

"Oh. Oh yea, yea", he said.

"What did you think I was talking about?", Amiyah asked.

"Dating", he said. "That's what I thought we were talking about"

Amiyah made a face. "Well you could've fool me", Amiyah said.

Dominic smiled. "What?", he asked. "I knew what you were talking about"

"Okay, Nick", Amiyah said. "What ever you say"

Dominic chuckled as he sat back down.

Amiyah folded her arm as she turned to look at him.

"What?", he asked.

"Are you going to ask me out?", she asked.

"Amiyah, we are beyond the getting to know each other stage so will you be my girlfriend?", he asked.

"I see somebody has never been in a real relationship", she said. "But yes I will"

"What now?", he asked with a chuckle. "First day dating and I'm already the bad guy"

Amiyah sat next to him. "Bad guy? No. Clown? Yes", Amiyah said.

Dominic put his arm around her.

"I bet you've been waiting your whole life to do that", Amiyah said.

"But I've done it before. You just never realized", he said. "The first time I did it you did because I saw you blush. But the rest of times you didn't really notice"

"I did...you just never touched my waist before", Amiyah said. "More so my shoulder"

"True", Dominic said.

Amiyah smiled as she looked down. "I wanted to ask you something but I think it may be too soon", she said.

"Too soon for what? Let me know", Dominic said jokingly.

Amiyah chuckled. "I think you know what I'm talking about", Amiyah said. "...it's been a minute and a long one"

"I mean like it's been a minute for me too so I mean if you ready then I'm with it but if not then I can wait", Dominic said.

"Wait do you know what I'm talking about?", Amiyah asked.

Dominic made a face. "Wait what are you talking about?", he asked as he felt a little embarrassed.

"I was talking about you watching Kaden while I took a nap", Amiyah said.

"Oh...", Dominic said.

Amiyah chuckled. "Sike, no I wasn't", she said.

Dominic sucked his teeth.

"I was talking about what you were thinking", Amiyah said. "But...yea. It's room soon either way because the doctor recommended me resting for 6 weeks"

"Okay but just stop confusing me. My mind is already going in circles", Dominic said.

"Sorry. I just like to play with your head. It's fun", she said as she walked to the kitchen.

Dominic shook his head as he changed the channel on the TV.

TO BE CONTINUED...