Chapter 18

"Bianca, I don't know what to do", Amiyah said as she cried. "He doesn't want to go to therapy and the only way I feel like I can help control his mood swings is if he has me all to himself"

Amiyah's phone went off. It was message from Lamar.

Amiyah looked at her phone. "Everything okay?", Amiyah read before slamming her phone down. "Every hour"

"Well at least he cares?", Bianca said.

Amiyah looked at her with a straight face.

"Yea that's a little bit over board", Bianca said as she looked down.

Amiyah sighed and texted Lamar back.

"You wanted to play hero right?", Bianca said. "You can't do that for everybody. I mean it seems like to me he's gentlemen and treats you good for the most part, but I sense a hint of controlling. You already gave him some coochie so you definitely turned on his overbearing side"

Amiyah looks to the side.

"We can still call the police", Bianca said.

"He can lie and they won't believe us. He took down what was in the basement and I took away the camera from my house", Amiyah said.

"Now why would you do some shit like that?", Bianca asked. "Now we don't have any proof"

"We aren't calling the police on him", Amiyah said.

"Then you need to leave him", Bianca said. "Oh wait, I forgot he's not going to let that happen right?"

"You don't know that", Amiyah said.

"Amiyah, that guy is crazy about you like I said before", Bianca said.

Amiyah looked down as she thought about him getting aggressive with her when she didn't answer her phone.

"You think he won't black out and hurt you?", Bianca asked.

Amiyah looked at her.

"Once again. Be smart, not a fool. And most of all be careful", Bianca said.

Amiyah sighed.

"But I have an idea", Bianca said. "You be his therapist"

"What?", Amiyah asked.

"It seems like the only person he trusts is you. Find out more about him and see where his issues lie and maybe you can do something to help him", Bianca said.

"...that may be a good idea", Amiyah said.

"Oh come on. It's a great idea, because I came up with it", Bianca said jokely as she flipped her hair.

Amiyah smiled.

"Now stop crying", Bianca said as she got up. "We have court hearings to tend to"

Amiyah wiped the her tears and stood up as she sniffed.

Bianca and Amiyah walked out the room.

———————-

It's been a month since Lamar's last outburst, and honestly he was doing pretty good. He was still clingy and overbearing but the way he was treating Amiyah outweighed that. She was happy with him, at least she was for now.

Amiyah was currently at Lamar's house because he was cooking for them. But it turned into them both cooking.

"Could you pass me the pepper beautiful?", Lamar said.

Amiyah stopped cutting up the vegetables and grabbed the pepper and handed it to him.

"Thank you", Lamar said as he added some to the pan.