Chapter 24

The next day Amiyah was at the courthouse, she had got done with her case and she was about to get some lunch with Bianca. When they walked outside, they saw Dominic.

Amiyah made a face.

"What are you doing here?", Amiyah asked.

"I need to talk to you", Dominic said.

"Dominic, if this is about what you came to talk about at the resort then I don't wanna hear it. I mean like I know you're not traveling five hours just to talk to me", Amiyah said.

"I moved back", Dominic said. "But I'm not coming to talk about that. I'm coming to talk about you"

"Me?", Amiyah asked.

"Yea", Dominic said as he looked at Bianca. "And alone would be nice"

"Wow. Excuse me", Bianca said. "I'll be in the car, Miyah"

"Okay", Amiyah said.

Bianca walked away.

Dominic looked at Amiyah's stomach and then that's when he saw the ring.

Amiyah saw that he saw it and covered it up. "What?", Amiyah asked.

"Is that an engagement ring?", Dominic asked.

Amiyah didn't say anything.

"Answer this question for me Miyah because it's something I'm not quite understanding...he did was he did to Bianca, starved her almost to death, and choked you out and now you're marrying him??", Dominic asked.

"You wouldn't understand", Amiyah said. "You wouldn't even wanna understand"

"I understand that someway, somehow he's been put first before the people who have been by your side the most", Dominic said.

Amiyah looked at Dominic's eyes, and she could tell he was hurt inside.

"He's dangerous, Amiyah", Dominic said. "Dangerous and good don't mix because at the end of the day, good knows right from wrong and a day will come where the good will want to leave and she can because she already put herself in danger"

Amiyah looked down.

"If he is forcing this whole marriage thing on you, say the word and I will help you", Dominic said.

Amiyah looked at Dominic. "I'm fine. He didn't force anything on me", Amiyah said. "I chose to marry him"

Dominic was quiet for a moment. "...okay", he said. "Alright...let's just go back to not talking then"

Amiyah felt a little sad because she did miss her and Dominic's conversations but she knew how Lamar would feel about them talking being that he knew Dominic liked her.

"Enjoy your life. Sorry for bothering you", Dominic said before he walked away.

Amiyah almost began to tear up but she realized where she was up and held it back as she walked to Bianca's car and got in.

"Everything okay?", Bianca asked.

Amiyah started putting her seat belt on. "Everything is fine", Amiyah said. "He was just stopping by"

Bianca looked at her for a moment and then nodded as she backed out of the parking lot. "Okay", she said.

Amiyah looked out the window. As Bianca backed out, Amiyah looked through the rearview mirror and saw Dominic driving off. Seeing them made her feel even worst.

Amiyah looked down for a moment and played with her fingers, mostly looking at her engagement ring. She stopped as she looked at Bianca.

"Do you think I'm making the right decision?", Amiyah asked.

"With what?", Bianca asked.

"Which telling Lamar yes", Amiyah replied.

"...I think that I'm not you, so I can't tell you if it was bad or good. You're not living my life, you're living yours. You're which him more than I am, so you know him better. You see things that I don't see, so with that being said... it's your choice. Usually, you make the right ones with people because you see things in them that I don't see. I think of everybody as a bad person when I first meet them and you see the good in everybody when you first meet them...just don't let that get you hurt", Bianca said.

Amiyah nods.

"...But I also I think that you're asking the wrong person that question and you need to ask yourself", Bianca said. "So.. do you feel like it was the right decision"

"I mean like... and then I'm pregnant so it's like-"

Bianca cut her off. "Pregnancy or a child has nothing to do with marrying that man. Do you love him?", Bianca asked.

Amiyah nods. "Yes", Amiyah replied.

"So, that's the only thing that matters. A child does not tie two people together... that only brings toxicity", Bianca said.

Amiyah sighed.

"I don't know what Dominic said to you, but don't listen to him. He's just jealous", Bianca said. "He had his chance and he blew it"

Amiyah did think that Dominic made some good points but she also felt like Lamar was going to stand by his promise of not hurting her and protecting her. He told her that he was going to do better after the incident with Bianca and the basement and he had been doing that, so he trusted him. He also looked her in the eyes and told her that he didn't kill his ex-girlfriend and she believed that too.

(SIDE NOTE: THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT LAMAR THREATENING DOMINIC)

Bianca and Amiyah got to the restaurant and ate. After eating, they went back to the courtroom.

---------------------------

That night, Amiyah was at Lamar's house they were chilling on the couch. Lamar was sitting up and Amiyah was laying on the couch with her feet in his lap as he massaged her feet.

"You know if you're tired. You can go to bed", Amiyah said.

"Naw, you just got here. I don't want you up and bored", he said as he tried to keep his eyes open.

Amiyah smiled and shook her head.

Lamar's eyes slowly started to close and they stand close.

Amiyah moved her legs and he immediately woke up.

"What are you doing?", he asked.

"Lamar, go to sleep. It's okay", Amiyah said as she grabbed his hand and helped him get up. "Let's get you in bed, I need to get back home and work on this case I got today anyway"

"Are you sure?", Lamar asked as he got up.

"Positive", Amiyah said.

"Alright. Well, I can walk myself upstairs", Lamar said. "I'll just walk you to your house"

"Okay", Amiyah replied.

Amiyah and Lamar put their shoes on and they went outside. Once they got across the street, they told each other goodnight and gave each other kisses. Amiyah walked into the house and went into her room. She took out all of the things that she needed to work on her case. As she read through things, she could barely concentrate. She kept thinking about what Dominic said. Not because she was having second thoughts about Lamar but because she still liked Dominic. She saw the look in his eyes today and it hurt her.

TO BE CONTINUED...

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE