Chapter 32

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT & VOTE 💛

3 MONTHS LATER

Amiyah and Dominic found a three bedroom apartment that was really nice. Dominic liked to live high end so he chose an high end apartment. As far as their relationship, they weren't really together but they flirted a lot.

Amiyah had been having contractions since she woke up this morning. She didn't wanna go until her contractions were shorter apart. Dominic was at work, so she was there alone. But he'd be there at any minute.

Amiyah leaned over the table in pain. Her contractions were 30 minutes apart.

She took deep breaths until the pain went away. When it did, she stood up and walked to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle.

Dominic walked through the door and locked it.

"I'm home", Dominic called out.

"In the kitchen", Amiyah said.

Dominic walked into the kitchen after putting his brief case down.

"Hey", he said with a smile.

"Hey", Amiyah replied. "How was work?"

"Usually I don't mind going to work but I don't know these past few months I've just been ready to come back here as soon as I leave", Dominic said. "I guess that has something to do with a girl I'm living with"

Amiyah smiled.

"How was your day?", Dominic said.

"Let just say that um.. I need to go to hospital", Amiyah said.

"Hospital? Wait are you going into labor?", Dominic asked.

"I've been having contractions since this morning", Amiyah said.

"And you didn't go to the hospital??", Dominic asked.

"So I can be there all day or they tell me to go back home. No thank you", Amiyah said.

"Get your shoes and I'll get the bag and let's go", Dominic said. "Unless you want a natural birth and honestly, it may be too late"

"Yea. You may be right. Let's go", Amiyah said as she walked out of the kitchen.

"Exactly", Dominic said as he walked out the kitchen and jogged to the room.

Amiyah put her shoe on and felt something in it so she took it off and took whatever it was out. It was a folded up sticky note, with a number 12 on it. She made a face as she looked at it. She remembered writing stuff on her sticky notes for a case but she couldn't remember what all she wrote. She supposed that one of them fell into her shoe.

Dominic came back into the living room.

"What's that?", he asked.

"Nothing", Amiyah said as she put the sticky note to the side of her and then put her shoes on.

"Ready?", he asked.

"Yes", Amiyah replied.

Dominic helped her up and they left.

That night, Amiyah gave birth to a healthy baby boy. She named him Kaden. Dominic was happy for her but at the same time he wished she didn't have Lamar's baby.

Amiyah woke up out of her sleep. It was almost as if she was having a bad dream. She looked at Kaden who was in his bassinet and than she slowly sat up a little.

"You okay?", Dominic asked.

Amiyah looked at Dominic. "No", she said.

Dominic sat up and leaned forward a little. "How come?", he asked.

"Worried. I guess it's perks of being a new mom", Amiyah said.

Dominic sat back. "Lamar?", he asked. "Is that your worry?"

"...yea", Amiyah said.

"Amiyah, it's nothing to worry about", Dominic said. "I mean like come on, I got this. Our apartment building is the best when it comes to security so you could be comfortable. Even if he makes it in the apartment, he gotta get through me first.

"Dominic I don't wanna burst your bubble. I mean you could handle him good but... now he knows that. He has had three months to execute his plan", Amiyah said.

"What if he won't come back", Dominic said.

"...as he said before there isn't anywhere that he can find me or our son", Amiyah said. "...the crazy part is he laid everything out so perfectly for me to get with him...he just didn't think about Bianca's "detective skills". Just stop telling me everything is going to be okay. You said that before and he found me. I mean I know you just wanna say everything is going to be okay to make me feel better but it's not. It just makes me feel worst"

Dominic looked down.

"Thank you but just stop", Amiyah said.

"I'm sorry", Dominic said.

"It's okay", Amiyah said.

Kaden began to cry.

"Can you hand him to me. He's probably hungry", Amiyah said.

Dominic got up, picked kaden up and gave him to Amiyah.

Amiyah looked at him. "Well...turn around. Close your eyes", she said.

"Oh yea. Sorry. I forgot", he said as he turned around.

Amiyah pulled her boob out for Kaden to be breast fed.

"I'm going to go get something to eat. What do you want?", Dominic asked with his back turned to her.

"I don't know. what's open?, Amiyah asked.

"Just name something", Dominic said.

"...a burger", she said. "Maybe some wings and fries and a lemonade"

"Amiyah, all that stuff is bad for you", he said.

"Hey I'm not pregnant any more. Cut me some slack", Amiyah said.

"Choose two things and drink", Dominic said.

"Fine. A cheeseburger and some fries and lemonade", Amiyah said.

"Okay", Dominic said.

"Look at you, caring about my health", Amiyah said.

Dominic chuckled and shook his head as he began to walk out.

Kaden didn't seem to be hungry. He just started whining a little.

"Okay. So what's wrong?", Amiyah asked as if he was going to answer. She began rocking him. "I know I just changed you"

Kaden continued to whine as Amiyah looked at him. He looked so much lake his dad. She guessed she worried too much about him during her pregnancy.

Amiyah was glad for Kaden but at the same time she was sad. She began tearing up. She didn't want to have Lamar's baby, but Kaden was also her baby and she loved him regardless.

Amiyah kissed Kaden's forehead. "Please don't give me a hard time baby", she said softly.

The more Amiyah rocked Kaden, the sooner her fell asleep.

TO BE CONTINUED...