1

I was cleaning out my locker when Harry walked up to me.

"I will miss having you as my locker neighbour" He said as he hugged me from behind.

"You can always hope to get one of those nice little freshman boys as your next" I said, teasing him. Harry looked at me with a distrubed look on his face.

"What do you think I am? A pedofile?"

"I'm just messing with you" I said laughing at him.

"But I promise you, your new neighbour will be just as nice"

"Aren't you worried that I'm going to replace you?" He asked.

"Just as long you let them fuck you on Mrs. Smith's desk it's fine by me" I said.

"Schhhh" Harry said and quickly slapped his hand over my mouth. I couldn't help but die of laughter.

Later on when we were walking out of school I turned to Harry.

"Let me drive okay? We need to go somewhere" I said. Harry looked at me confused but handed me the keys.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"To see mom" I said shortly. I went to put the keys in and turn the engine on when Harry took my hand and stopped me.

"Wait what, are we going to meet your mom?" He asked looking at me. He held my hand in his.

"Yeah"

"Shouldn't I change clothes or something, I mean this is big, I want to make a good impression-" Harry rambled.

"You'll be alright, I promise" I cut him off.

"We're just gonna stop on the way to get some flowers okay?" I continued.

"Okay"

We stopped at this little cute flower shop and went inside.

"What kind of flowers does she like?" Harry asked.

"We're getting white peonies, they're her favourite" I answered.

"Oh, they're my favorite as well!" Harry said happily. I picked up a bouquet of five beautiful white peonies that would be perfect.

"Here let me pay" Harry said and took the bouquet from my hand.

"You don't need to-" I tried to protest.

"But I want to. I want your mom to like me" He said.

"She already loves you" I said and smiled at him.

When we pulled up at the cemetery, Harry looked at me in confusion. I didn't say anything just turned the engine off and stepped outside, Harry followed.

"Mom, this is Harry, my boyfriend" I said and sat down in the grass.  I could tell that Harry was in shock. He sat down next to me but couldn't stop staring at the tombstone.

"I know I've already told you about how wonderful he is and how much I love him but I wanted you to meet him yourself since I've got him to thank for everything" I said.

"Lou-" Harry started to say but didn't manage to finish. Instead we just sat there in silence. Telling Harry was like letting a huge rock off my chest. I hoped that he finally would understand everything better now. That this would explain everything.

After about an hour I raised to my feet, Harry did the same, I took his hand in mine.

"I'll see you again, soon" I said.

"I promise I will take care of him for you" I heard Harry mumble as he laid down the flowers in front of her. I tried my best to hold my tears back.

We drove home in silence.

Later when we were laying in bed, Harry curled up in my arms, he looked at me.

"Lou?"

"Yeah?"

"What happened?" I could tell that he was afraid to ask. I took a deep breath before answering.

"Cancer, she was diagnosed with an aggressive sort of leukemia and eight months later she was gone" I said. Harry started to sob in my arms, I rubbed my hand against his back.

"It's okay" I said. Harry looked up at me, he had tears in his eyes.

"No Lou, it's not okay" Harry said.

"Your mom is dead, I can't even imagine the pain you're going through. I feel so stupid for not realizing that you're dealing with something like this" He continued.

"Don't please, I've been hiding this from you purposely cause I didn't want you to know" I said.

"Lou, I'm so sorry" Harry said and brought me in for a tight hug.

"It's okay, everything will be alright. I'll see her again"