The Great Divide

We had settled camp on a remote dry land, I was settling the rocks in a circle for the campfire while Katara would pick out the wood we'll be using for tonight. I was smiling as I heard them start to bicker at each other again leaving me to sigh

- "Not again" I mumbled to myself. I turned around and see not only them bickering but the sticks scattered around and the tent not even started. I sighed in annoyance when I heard Aang coming back with the grub.

- "Okay, I got the grub if you guys got the-" he looks confused about the tent and the sticks being scattered "hey, where's the campfire? And what happened to the tent?" I sighed and gestured over to the two.

- "Why don't you ask miss princess here and mister grumpy pants" I suggested just to have them both glaring dramatically in my way.

- "Ugh! Princess?!"

- "Grumpypants?!" They both started to argue with me and I just held my forehead in annoyance.

- "Why're you both always fighting anyway?! It's simple! Katara it's dry season and he's the one doing the tent let him be and you sir" I stated pointed to Sokka who was sticking his tongue childishly at my sister "you sir let her do what she has been offered to do and mind your own business" I stated coldly glaring at both as the groaned and I sighed.

- "Or why don't you switch jobs?" Aang suggested, I agreed to this and nodded to the siblings as I saw both of them waltz their way to the opposite task without complaining. I must say I'm impressed with their agreement on the suggestion without either making a fuss mainly Sokka now we can son just keep with our chores.

- "You see that? Settling feuds and making peace, all in a day's work for the Avatar" Aang said proudly I giggled lightly and rolled my eyes at him.

- "And I'm here stuck to your side all in a good ol' protector's day" I mumbled to myself quietly so nobody would hear but in a way, it's still kind of true. As the protector, I can't leave Aang's side right? even if I wanted to I couldn't leave him I have to be there for him in everything I can. As it seemed that Aang didn't hear me he made his way towards Momo and Appa who looked like having trouble sharing a melon. Not so after Aang picks up the melon and slices it in half with his air bending, giving Momo a small portion and giving Appa a larger portion. I tilted my head at this when Momo seemed to start complaining but Aang intervened.

- "Come on, Momo, that's fair! Appa's got five stomachs" Aang informed the small lemur as he complied and ate his portion peacefully. I smiled as he seemed to be proud of himself for the small peacemaking in both small situations. Aang suddenly turns around and I waved at him as he grinned and waved back to me. I also felt proud of him, being the Avatar and all, he has to learn to resolve problems, doesn't he? I won't let my past lives down, I must protect him no matter the cost.

| Time-skip brought to you by me trying and successfully failing at digital art (╥_╥) |

I looked up to the stars as I had cuddled in my sleeping bag Aang facing the other way as we were both in the sleeping bag like we usually were. I smiled softly at the night sky and whispered.

- "Aang?" I whispered out but I got no response so I tried again "Aang, are you asleep?" I asked, I then felt him turn around and so did I to see if he was awake and nodded slowly to me. "Couldn't sleep?" I asked and he nods to me which made me tilt my head slightly "What's wrong?"

- "It's nothing, just thinking I guess," he said looking slightly scared at his thoughts and I gently lift his gaze to me with a gentle smile. Even if I could read his thoughts as he did mine I couldn't barge in like that, it felt wrong so I tried to cheer him up the way anyone else would do.