quattro.

BLACK LACE
−−−−− QUATTRO ; BALL

ADELINA STEPS OUT OF THE LIMOUSINE. The flashes of light edge onto her body as they try to capture her beauty. Their muffled voices float through her ear as she drains them out, the words doing nothing to affect her.

Their family owned the Lombardi Enterprises, thriving in the business world as they have in the mafia world. Their success added to their power, lives at their hands. They were admired but society spreads rumors faster than they can blink.

Rumors about an extra family member, rumors about Daniella committing. But the family never confirmed anything, making people wonder what really happened. They were protected, one of the most secretive families across the world.

Adelina makes her way to the entrance of the ballroom, staring straight ahead as she tries not to roll her eyes in annoyance. They do this every year.

The security stands on either side of the double glass doors, glancing up when they hear heels click near them. Their eyes wander over her flawless frame, gulping when they see a tattoo on the side of her arm. It was a rose, the thorns resembling sharp knives. It was the Lombardi family's way of saying, we're better than you.

They let her in, they're eyes down in fear, as her eyes darted to the décor. The theme was black and gold, with white flowers in the center of the tables. The area was filled with made men, some newly sworn and others older. All of them had Omérta carved on the inside of their wrist. If anyone broke their oath, they would be killed immediately.

Her figure was covered in a black satin evening gown with a plunging neckline and a slit that went up dangerously high. Almost every pair of eyes averted to her body, the men's eyes darkening in lust while the women fumed in jealousy. Adelina rolled her eyes, not caring if people deemed that disrespectful. She had more power than more than half the men in this room, and what would their mistresses do about it?

She walks down the steps making her way over to the host of the party- Asher Dolivo. He might not be the best person but he knew how to throw a ball. Their families have been allies since before she was born, making Asher like a second dad to her. She respected him, and would forever respect him for helping her family when they needed it.

Adelina didn't feel any urge to interact with her parents, she knew they would probably be interacting with other Capo's.

"Adelina, how have you been." Asher greets her, when she gets in view. He was an old man, not interacting with many people since he needed to retire soon, passing the position down to his son, Sebastian Knight.

"Not so great." she mutters, standing beside him as she scans the room to look for anyone she knew. Giving up when she finds no signs, her gaze settles back on the Made Man, ready to retire.

"Really? I'll be here if you need me, now go and interact." Adelina starts to protest before Asher gives her a stern look and she rolls her eyes, agreeing. Looking around her eyes meet with dark grey orbs, the owner's face hidden behind the shadows dancing across the room.

He looked so familiar, she tried to remember where she'd seen him but her mind went black. Adelina groans sighing in annoyance when she realizes how she can't go back or she'd have to interact with the families.

She heads over to a table, leaning on the edge, picking up a glass of champagne from the waiter's walking around the ballroom. Her eyes wandered around trying to look for the sharp grey orbs again, but it's like he disappeared.

Adelina places her elbow on the table, throwing her head back to try to relieve stress. She didn't know why her feelings were piling up right now. 'I know him' she murmurs to herself.

"Care to dance Mademoiselle?" A teasing voice whispers, Adelina's eyes immediately flashing up as she remembers the handsome stranger from earlier. She scans his body, noticing how the 3 piece Armani suit outlines his body, showing the visible muscles underneath. His face looked like it was sculpted by the gods themselves, his jawline as sharp as a knife.

She stares into his eyes looking for any signs of emotion, finding nothing. It's as if he was in a body without a soul. Lorenzo Bianchi raises his eyebrow wondering why the beauty in front of him looked deep in thought, he only asked to dance.

"Why not Monsieur?" Adelina accepts his hand, smirking at him before pulling him to the dance floor. She knew getting associated with someone like him wasn't the best of her ideas, but she wanted to toy with someone.

The people around them were resting their heads on their partner's shoulders, swaying softly to the music. But Adelina wasn't in a mood to stand there and flow, she wanted to let go of the weight her emotions placed on her by gliding to the music.

Lorenzo pulls her body into his, fitting them together like two puzzle pieces. He felt her place her head on his shoulder, teasingly skimming his back with her light fingers. This vixen.

Lorenzo Bianchi wasn't someone to be messed with. He was cold and never interacted with anyone at the ball so why now? Maybe that was the reason so many people looked at the couple in shock. The Italian mob boss interacting with none other than Chicago's most prized jewel.

"Bianchi." his teeth skim her earlobe as he gives her his last name, on intentions on saying his first name. He truly was a mystery, the closed off Don knowing far more than any of the other criminal's in this room.

Adelina grits her teeth as the sensation before smirking, her teeth placing a soft kiss on his neck, making him grunt. "Lombardi." she slips slightly out of his hold before placing her hand on his neck, his hands gripping her waist.

He pushes his body into hers before gracefully spinning her and bringing her back to him, his nose skimming the middle of her neck. They move around the room, two deadly people from different mafia families gracefully waltzing around the room.

They moved at their own seductive pace and by now the crowd had parted to watch the two. They ignored the stares placing holes onto their backs, and finished off the waltz, coming together to the middle of the room, their noses touching as they breathed heavily.

"I hope I can see you again Mademoiselle." Lorenzo whispers, backing away slightly as he bends down in a bow, asking for her hand. He shows no signs of using her last name, a small smirk present on his lips.

"So do I Monsieur." Adelina follows his lead, bowing down as she places her hand in his. They stand straight from their positions, as she feels him place a ghost kiss on her hand. A shiver passes through her body at the feeling, she was falling into pieces at his mercy.

They glance at each other one more time before turning around and walking their own ways, the crowd in shock at what they witnessed. Neither of them looked back, for that would mean it was an unsaid goodbye, the hope of a new greeting.

–––––
SOCIALS ; TIKTOK ; SILV3RFAIRY