cinque.

BLACK LACE
−−−−− CINQUE ; LETTER

ADELINA GRUNTED IN ANNOYANCE. News that one of her most trusted men had betrayed her made its way around the mansion. She was disappointed to say the least when she heard him show up to her room with four unknown men beside him.

He said he was ordered to assassinate her, but by the time he was able to get a shot in, Adelina's knife had already wound its way into his chest. Bullets following the other four men, their frail bodies dropping to the ground. She sliced through Daniel Ford's neck, not giving him a chance to explain himself before dropping to the ground and checking their dead bodies for any signs of markings.

Daniel was a Made Man, for years serving the Chicago Mafia. So why does he turn his back on them now? It didn't make any sense, he would never want to leave his family alone- unless they were killed.

She pulled down one of their collar's, her eyes examining the branding on the soldier's neck. It was a cross, the same one that had been on their men when they got sent back their dead bodies. But they never noticed the small R next to the cross, the Russian's mark.

Adelina stepped over the bodies, calling Isabella as she made her way to her office. Blood coated her tank top but she didn't care, looking for the letter her sister had given her before she closed her eyes for the last time.

Adelina had only read it once, she didn't want to accept the cruel truth of what was actually written in it. So she stored it away somewhere far from anyone's prying eyes. And though she had no intention of wanting to get it out, she knew she had to, for the sake of this mafia.

She made her way to a small block of marble on her wall, the area completely foolproof. Bending down slightly, she let the scanner brush over her icy blue eyes, before it beeped green signalling that she was allowed to open the wall. Her finger pressed the invisible button, pulling out the letter. Security in their mansion has always been tight since Nicolo Lombardi died, no one wanting to risk another incident.

She opened the letter, her eyes blurring with tears when she recognized her sister's handwriting. 'I promised her that I would keep my family safe' Adelina shakes her head as she tries to forget the way her sister screamed out in pain, the way her hand slowly dropped from hers when her life force started to end.

Ina.

This probably isn't the best way to tell you that I'm about to die, but you deserve to live, I don't. I couldn't let them get to you, and I know it's selfish but I can't live a life without you no matter how hard it may be.

Nicolo told me how he was taken to a dark room in his own mansion and held captive for days weeks at most. It was the trip he told us he was going to. My heart shattered when he said how they threatened you, and I knew that I would do anything to let you live.

He told me about the forbidden building and that's where we were supposed to find the answers to all our questions but even he didn't know that they used that place as a torture building, the discarded bodies on the floor proved that.

I went before I told you wondering if it was safe and I met a man, he said if went there again he would kill me. His secrets were too dark, too sinful to ever be said in the real world.

I asked to go there with you, a last adventure with my sister, my soulmate. It might've been suicide but I didn't care. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I was still there with you. The way we used to whisper words in the dark- Angel, Twin. Love. The other immediately knowing what to say.

I'm probably not there with you, if you're reading this but don't mourn me. Live your life, keep our family safe. I'll wait for you, I'll always wait for you. I hope you're happy. Please be happy. You deserve it so much.

I love you, I love you, I love you.

Ella

Adelina's heart clenched as she read the letter, her sister's familiar handwriting making her throat close up. It wasn't fair. She shook her head, before taking out the files on the murder's happening the past 4 months. It was obvious there was a pattern in the way the death's were happening. But they couldn't afford to lose more men.

On January 9th, it showed how three men were killed, tortured to be exact. Their bodies, branded. Approximately eight days later, six bodies showed up, with the exact same branding. By the end of the month, a total of twelve bodies were sent to the mansion. Every month after that following the same pattern, either they were sent dead or they were killed here because they broke Omérta.

What's so special about the number twelve though? Nicolo Lombardi was killed on the 12th of July, about 8 years ago. No one noticed but he had the same branding the dead bodies had, they were far too dug up in their own shells of mourning that they didn't accept that he was dead until it hit them like bricks a year later.

Isabella bursts through the door of Adelina's office, immediately scanning her face and the documents beside her. Her own eyes were red, a hopeless look on her face, as she felt the weight of information heavy on her back.

Adelina looks up, at her walking closer to see why she was in a bad mood. Her mood was an understatement, the talk with her parents drained her. She was getting married, but they didn't specify who.

"I'm getting married, Lina." Isabella's broken voice whispers, she'd thought about marriage several times, but she never thought it would be so soon. Especially an arranged marriage.

Isabella's relationship with her parents wasn't something she was willing to talk about every day. They pushed her away, forcing her to become cold. And now they were marrying her to some old man, for all she knew.

Adelina's eyes immediately softened hearing her, pulling her into a hug. Isabella's arms went around her body, as her silent tears soaked into Adelina's shoulder. She didn't know how to get through this without her.

Because in the mafia once you're married, you're married to them forever. The only way out? Death. 

–––––
SOCIALS ; TIKTOK ; SILV3RFAIRY