sei.

BLACK LACE
−−−−− SEI ; ENGAGED

THE COMMISSION HAS ALWAYS HAD A RIVALRY WITH THE POTERE. Both the crime groups never getting along, the struggle for power separating them. Italian mafia families ruled most of the area's soldier's, Lorenzo Bianchi being Capo dei Capo of the Potére

Their war has been going on for centuries, The Potére spread across North America along the coast of Europe, while The Commission went through Mexico, wrapping around Russia.

Angelo Lombardi was well known across the Chicago Outfit and the danger he could cause to anyone who went against him and his family. He never wanted to bring his kids out to the public but he was forced to when he realized he couldn't keep them locked up forever.

When he brought the twins out, the media ate everything up. They were trained since birth, their young fighting tactics more skilled than a grown man's. They would grow up to be powerful, but they lacked the love they were supposed to get.

Adelina and Daniella were different fonts of the same person. They were so similar, yet so different at the same time. Adelina was more reserved, while Daniella opened up to some people, accepting their friendship.

But that all went to the drain when she found out how they only wanted to get close to the sisters because of their money, adding onto their already bad trust issues.

Adelina was confused, her dad called her into his office and she was slightly worried since her dad usually never calls her in unless it was something important. She pushed open the doors to see her mother's frantic eyes move to her frame.

"Father, you called me?" Adelina looked into her father's emotionless eyes. Already knowing that what happened in this room would affect the way she lived right now.

"Sit." Angelo motions to the chair in front of him, her mother giving her worried looks. They thought they would break her, but how do you break a broken soul? Adelina crossed her legs placing her lobos on the arm rest as she braces herself for the impact the words would have on her.

"I talked to Alessandro Bianchi." The Capo Dei Capo of the New York Famiglia. Adelina nodded her head wondering why this had anything to do with her. Her dad usually didn't tell her about what he did in the mafia.

"We made a deal, concerning the recent rumors we've gotten that the Ndrangheta has teamed up with The Bratva." Her eyes showed no emotion as she stared at her father, silently asking to get to the point.

"We've agreed to become family, pushing past our differences." Angelo grits his teeth like he felt pain in admitting those words. Adelina's eyes widening as she realizes how severe the problem might actually be.

"You're marrying Lorenzo Bianchi." She clench's her jaw, breathing through her nose as she looks into her father's eyes, not breaking his stare. He was taunting her, 'I have the power and you can't do anything about it.'

Adelina's mind wandered to last week, Bianchi, the stranger had said. She looked away from his eyes boring into hers as Angelo leaned back on his chair a tiny smirk on his face. Adelina's mom left the room sometime in the middle of the conversation obviously not having the strength to face Adelina after what she was just told.

"Your engagement party will be in July." Adelina nods numbly, wanting to say something, but she knew once her father had made his mind she could do nothing to change it. The truth of the words finally settle in, making her abruptly stand up from the chair. She had never had a good relationship with her father but this was the last straw.

"Is that all?" Adelina didn't feel the words leave her mouth, for she felt a restraint being placed on her body. This couldn't happen, no one had ever heard of The Cosa Nostra and The Outfit coming together to form an alliance. They had been at war for years, so why would they start getting along now?

"Yes, for now." Angelo nodded his head staring at his daughter walking out of the room, he didn't feel guilty. He felt nothing at all.

Adelina ignores the greetings people say on her way to the training room. She could care less at the moment. She wanted to tell Isabella, but it's like their fate was copy-pasted. Both of them were forced into an arranged marriage for the sake of their mafias.

Adelina knew that she couldn't go to her marriage, since she found out Isabella was getting married to the Capo of the Commission. She wouldn't be able to enter through their territory without being shot down, forget the marriage.

A pang went through her heart thinking about Daniella, she wouldn't approve of this, she was 2 minutes older than her. Her lips formed a small smile before instantly dropping, the thought of marriage heavy on her mind.

The Potere was strict with several rules of a wedding. La giarrettiera- the tradition for the bride to wear a garter, generated in the 1400's because wearing the wisp of lace would bring the bride good luck.

The groom isn't allowed to see his bride before the wedding. The bride isn't allowed to look at herself in the mirror before the wedding. The guests have to refrain from wearing white at the wedding.

Adelina covered her hands with the wrap before getting into her stance in front of the punching bag. Training has always been a way to relieve stress, before Daniella died or after. Excluding driving it's the only thing she would want to agree to do.

You might never see Isabella again. Punch.

You're getting married to the Capo of The Potére. Punch.

Your engagement party is in two months. Punch.

Sweat runs down Adelina's face as her fist comes in contact with the punching bag. She wanted a way out, being in the mafia had only raised her problems especially after half her family got murdered in cold blood.

She punches the bag before roundhouse kicking it hard. The flimsy material falls to the floor as it splits open with the force of her punches, the twenty minutes doing nothing to relieve her stress. She glares at the bag, before kicking it in frustration.

Nobody can save you from your own mind but yourself, her brother used to say when she got frustrated. She was grateful for the feedback but never understood what it meant. She was young and learning how to fight wasn't on her bucket list. Her father's words circled around her head as she tried to find a way how she could impress him.

You can't even defend yourself, pathetic. She was told nine years ago. Her father had always been hard on her, from pushing her away when she was young to teaching her how to fight at a slightly older age.

Her rough childhood forced her to grow up at a young age, shaping her into the woman she is today. But she wasn't groomed to become a Capo's house wife, she might be getting married but she would never let that place chains on her body.

–––––
SOCIALS ; TIKTOK ; SILV3RFAIRY