otto.

BLACK LACE
−−−−− OTTO ; ATTACK

LORENZO'S GRIP DIDN'T STRAIN WHEN THEY WALKED INTO THE DINING ROOM. As the eyes fell on the newly engaged couple, Lorenzo dropped his hand, letting Adelina escape to Liliana. The young model arrived in Chicago earlier today, not getting the chance to see Adelina earlier because of her being held back by the paparazzi.

"How was the runway?" Adelina questions when Liliana lets go of her arms hugging her body. Liliana's recent project was being featured on the New York Fashion Week. Her family was part of the Famiglia, but had ties with the Outfit because of them becoming allies years ago, when Nicolo died.

"It could've been better if you were there." Liliana mutters unhappily, making Adelina roll her eyes. Modeling was never a career approved by Liliana's family, saying how she could've done nothing else to degrade herself. What Liliana didn't tell them was after one photo shoot, multiple modeling agencies begged her to help them out.

"I would've if I wasn't held back by the Annual Ball." Adelina murmurs as Liliana drags her into a seat. They conversed silently, the maids moving around to place their meals in their plates. Adelina ignored the looks thrown at her by her mother, the weight of the engagement heavy on her shoulders.

Adelina's fork moved her pasta around, she didn't lose her appetite if she didn't have one in the first place. Her icy blue eyes looked at the ring around her finger, thankful that no one had noticed the knife she tucked in her belt strap before coming down. She never went without a weapon, it made her feel safe, powerful.

The soft chatter of voices floated in her ear before a gunshot resounded throughout the hall. Everyone got up from the table in a hurry, Adelina's eyes meeting Lorenzo's as he silently told her to stay, before placing his hand on his gun and walking out of the room.

"Go to Valentina." Adelina tells Liliana, undoing the knife from her thigh and rushing out of the room ignoring the warning calls her father was sending her. She was better than more than half of their soldiers combines, she would not sit back and watch her family get destroyed.

Adelina silently made her way along the side of the hall, ducking behind a wall as she noticed soldiers wearing black split away from the soldiers wearing white. The Bratva, The Triad, and The Kkangpae had joined forces once they heard about The Outfit teaming up with The Famiglia.

They planned on attacking at the wedding, when both the sides were at their weakest but when one of their men had fired at the building, their plan flopped. Demetrius Ivanov, The Pakhan- otherwise known as boss in Russia was talking to a tall figure before they both disappeared outside, the cold air of the night drifting through the clear sky.

"Go find the girl." Maxim- The soldier in black growls to the person next to him, as the boy immediately runs into the house. They thought they had the upper hand but as the dangerous glint in Adelina's eyes intensified watching the two sides split up, they were as good as dead.

"Move girl." Adelina looks at the lanky soldier in front of her, as he looked her up and down clearly forgetting the words he uttered less than two seconds ago. If they couldn't control their body, how would they be able to control their army?

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" Adelina whispers in a fake shy voice, her body itching to twist her knife into his gut. He shook his head, his fingers coming up to touch her face as if in a trance, but Adelina's hand clamped firmly around his wrist preventing him from touching her.

"That's what I thought." she brings her left hand up, the silver of the knife catching the moon's light making it glow. His face morphs into shock before anger reminisces through his body, which slowly turns into pain as Adelina leisurely drags her knife down his neck.