Chapter 8: The Seer

"Be careful, Feyre Cursebreaker. The gods are not done with you yet." 

My eyes flew open, and before I'd even woken fully I was sitting up in my bed. I blinked the sleep out of my eyes, trying to stop my whirling brain. 

"Feyre!!" I nearly screamed as a slim female figure suddenly tackled me, almost knocking me over. 

"Mor? What-" I tried to say, but was interrupted. 

"Feyre. You're awake, finally." Amren was sitting in a chair off to the side, inspecting her nails. 

"Oh, please. Don't act like you weren't worried just five minutes ago." Mor scolded her, pulling away from me and running towards the door. She threw it open and yelled down the hall. 

"Rhysand, get your ass up here, she's awake!" Almost immediately, Rhys appeared at the foot of the bed.

"What are you talking about?" I demanded, pushing back the covers and standing up. "What is wrong with all of you? You're acting like-" 

"Feyre, we couldn't wake you up." Rhys said, walking over to me. "It's been twelve hours since we first tried. We couldn't even make you stir." He wrapped his arms around me, and I instinctively did the same as my mind tried to adjust to what he'd said. 

They couldn't wake me? Had that dream been real? Had a queen with gold hair and the power to control fire really spoken to me? Saved me from those voices? 

I didn't even realize I had my shields down until Rhys tensed and pulled back, putting his hands on my shoulders. 

"What??" He demanded. "Who was she?" 

"You know, I'm really tired of you two always-" Mor started, but Rhys didn't even look at her. He stared straight at me, his gaze never wavering. Mor scoffed and left the room, followed closely by Amren. As soon as they were gone, Rhys pulled me over to the chair Amren had vacated and sat me down. He pulled another chair over and sat in front of me. Taking my hands, he gazed into my face, as if reading everything that had happened in my eyes.

"Tell me everything." 

-----------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry. Let me get this straight." Mor was pinching her nose, looking like she very much wanted to throw something. "A woman named Aelin Ashryver Whitethorn Galythynius came to you in a dream, saved you from voices that were controlling the magic fire we saw in the Palace of Thread and Jewels, and then told you that the gods are not done with you yet?" 

"I'm surprised you remembered that name." Cassian said, whistling slightly. "Even Rhysie's isn't that fancy." 

"So we're to assume the "gods" are those voices?" Azriel asked. I nodded. "What gods, exactly?" 

"I don't know. She didn't say." I twisted my ring around and around my finger, and Rhys followed the movement with his eyes. 

"And she claims to come from a land called... Erilea?" Azriel asked. "Where she rules a kingdom called Terrasen? And its symbol is the stag we saw yesterday?" 

"Yes, yes, and yes." I replied. 

"But she didn't tell you why it was here?"

"No." 

"And she didn't tell you why these gods were coming after you?"

"No."

"Did she tell you anything else?" Mor asked incredulously. "Anything helpful?"

"Well... not really." I said. 

"But we know she's not from Prythian." Rhys said, balancing on the arm of my chair. "I've never even heard of Terrasen before."