what do you know of witches?

The oddly pleasing solitude the football field had was somewhat calming to marinette for the most part, as she found herself standing near the sidelines after school had finally let out.

While it had been a long day for her, she had mixed feelings about today at the most; the day was rough. But it zig-zagged between not being as bad as she had originally feared the worst beforehand. But deep down she tried not to get too expectant as she felt it necessary to realise that that since this was only the beginning, it be best to hope for the best but prepare herself of the inevitable worst.

"Hey!"

Marinette realised that the rough sounding voice had been directed towards her, and immediately turned around to the source of the voice-only to feel her heart sink a small bit. In the distance, she realised that it was the group of other students dressed in black she met earlier today, starting from their stroll down the hall and their ill-considered meeting in biology.

Marinette bit her lip as she watched each of them stick together as they walked towards her. Unanimous trepidation began to fill her at once; what could they possibly want from her?

Silence reverberated between them for a while as the gang locked eyes with a subdued marinette that stood before them-and connie had been the first to speak up, breaking the silence and startling marinette by her words.

"We just really wanted to apologise for blowing you off earlier." the Indian girl said.

"Granted, we actually didn't expect that anybody wants anything to do with us since all the students here avoids us all the time." darcy added.

"And steven acts the way he does to virtually everyone, so it's kinda not wise to take it seriously or anything..." sabrina added.

Marinette had her eyes locked to steven; who's eyes were quickly pointed to nowhere else in particular to avoid the smaller girl looking up at him. Marinette didn't notice, but there was almost a chastened glint in his eyes.

"...you mean this Steven?" she asked, referring to him.

Connie nodded, smiling. "Yes." The darkskinned girl looked up to her lover expecting him to introduce himself-where steven rolled his eyes and sighed, giving marinette a once over with crossed arms.

"Demayo. Steven Demayo." he introduced passively.

"And my name is Connie Maheswaran. It's super great knowing you." she greeted afterwards.

"Darcy Cavendish, charmed." darcy smiled.

"I'm Sabrina Ferreira de Assis Monteiro, pleased to meet you." Flipping her hair, sabrina nodded at the blunette. "We already know who you are." she raised a dainty hand to mari who tried to introduce herself to them once again.

"So i take it that you're coming with us?" darcy said.

Marinette was perplexed by that. "Where are we going?"

"We're going to the mall." steven explained vaguely. "I'm driving."

"Yeah, join us." sabrina said, going along with it.

Marinette began to inwardly panic at that offer; these people that she just started to know looked unencumbered by the rules, and if she ever chose to go off with them she'll be the one having to deal with a life altering result in the end.

"I..." she tried to explain as slowly and as vaguely as she could to try to get herself out of this. "I actually left my purse back at home. And my granny said that'll she'll pick me up soon, so-"

"We get a five-finger discount." Darcy backed up. "Connie's skipping practice and her parents always work late, I live alone and sabrina told her parents that she wouldn't be back until later."