pseudo-epilogue

Many years later

The whole time she spent in america was the following; her rise, her fall, her rehabilitation and last but not least her condemnation-similar to darcy.

As soon as she graduated her online course she immediately resolved to relocate over to a faraway city. Preferably somewhere in New York, where she kept in contact with gina along the way. There she met a man who she eventually started a relationship with. He introduced her to the rest of his family and the blunette unexpectedly won them all over. And through a span of a few years, they eventually wed.

She'd later invited connie to her wedding, where the two remained friendly and cordial to each other during the rest of the ceremony. Connie looked so gorgeous with her pinned up curls and teal bodycon dress. Contributing to the truce they made back when they were teenagers neither held any ill will to each other throughout the meeting.

The blunette noticed that through connie's explanation for the others (everyone expectedly drifted away from each other ever since) sabrina became an mma fighter, where darcy was a guitarist for a band. Both aren't exactly significantly sure of how they handled the situation-but connie took it to mean that both women were just unanimously considering that as much as they can't run away from the guilt-they consider it as a fate they live to deserve.

Through their conversations, marinette slowly took notice of how much connie buried her past. She didn't really allow the blunette to mourn for her in any way-but however she somewhat felt her heart wrench for the indian woman some way after gradually remembering the fate of her ex years ago.

She slowly ignored the many messages from him sent to her on her phone-just as the blunette did as dozens of desperate apologies from strangers from the past blew up her phone.

"And so, the old woman packed her woven basket, keenly gathering her bearings-and later headed for home."

In a reading alcove of a public library later saw the blunette, as she politely sat before a small group of young children, intently listening as she silently read along to a story.

Marinette's cerulean eyes later intently jumped around-before deducing to herself that there were officially no adults in sight. She later pointed her eyes to the children-where her glance seemed to be responsible for the lights in the room dimming considerably.

"...But later that night," she proceeded to continue, "all the woodland creatures later gathered to the wishing well..."

A decrepit water well slowly but surely appears behind marinette's chair-where a deer slowly walked from behind a wooden bookshelf, as she kept reading.

"They all wanted to know if the magical powers were true..."

Much to the wide-eyed children, a dark-coloured owl flies in, where it later perched atop a wooded shelf. Snow-white rabbits, hop by, and a swarm of butterflies gracefully fluttered down.

"And even as the old woman precisely cautioned them about the well, they decided to try it anyway-they would have to learn the lesson themselves.

Without warning, a blackbird slowly landed atop the book-where marinette turned the page.

The French doors gave her a familiar feeling of guilt every time she'd look at them-as the more she looked on at it-the more it slowly reminded her of what she didn't want to remember-lila's death.

While she unexpectedly found a friend in the girls the first time she met them, she was initially intimidated by steven at the most. She usually found his bluntness and his sense of being straight to the point unnerving-especially when he pronounced it on her. The rite they performed all together as soon as steven settled in his new apartment, especially when he was struck with lightning-stripped him of his empathy and morality.

The silent rustling of the bushes sounded from the distance-where a figure slowly emerged from the green and out into the darkness of the night.

After gathering his bearings, his first instinct was to glance up at the townhouse before him-where he later pointed his lowered gaze up to the sight of the blunette standing around in her balcony. He later silently watched as she later slowly walked back to her bedroom, closing the French doors behind her.

His eyes soon lowered, heavily laced with a venomous scowl, fists clenching all the while as he slowly rose his head.

"You're a traitor," his eyes never left the balcony even as she left, as he growled out his words snarlingly.

"And traitors shall be condemned as such."