through the glass

Heavy rain sounded from beyond the glass windows, where flames that smouldered innocently on the braided wicks of tall candlesticks happened to only be the spare light in a shadowy bedroom.

Steven kneeled before what was a carefully constructed altar of blades, trinkets and candlesticks amongst various other similar items. Silent whispered errantly flitted through the room as with closed eyes steven chanted in indescribable words under his breath to manon.

*How the hell can I ever wish for anything when everything in my life is always wrong?*

A few days eventually came and went, where a group of girls dressed in leathery/distressed black emerged from an Elantra that was neatly parked to the side of the street.

The aforementioned girls later walked to the front of what was a beautiful apartment building before them. The automatic glass doors opened for them as soon as they all stepped before it, where they went over to the receptionist's desk to check in.

The girls later stood before two double doors, where connie became the first to knock on one of them. The doorknob turned in response of the silent rap against the doors, and out came steven.

"Welcome, my sisters." he greeted, arms extended.

Huge, dramatic glass windows filled the predominantly elegant white living room, letting the sunlight pool over the pristine alabaster floor-where a large marble fireplace that sat below a large flatscreen was over on the other side of the room.

"You are one rich motherfucker!" sabrina plopped down on the white couch as she vocally luxuriated in the gorgeous edge the apartment had. "This was worth the half-hour long drive."

"Very, very rich...." darcy intoned with awe as she looked around.

"Yup." Steven later returned to the sitting room with two girls who looked slightly above his age, following him. Their attention was gathered to the girls in particular-but marinette somehow felt as if she was the odd one out as she never really remembered seeing them around before.

"Marinette, this is Penelope, or Peridot, my adopted sister from France." a petite girl with a head of curly platinum blonde hair nodded politely, "and that over there my friend, is Ella, or Spinel. She's my stepsister." A slightly taller girl with black/hot pink ombre locks tied into pigtails gave them a quick, almost cautious look as she silently looked away from them.

"Hello, its very nice to meet you." the blunette extended a hand to both girls, where peridot gladly shook it.

"Nice to meet you too." peridot sported an award-winning smile, her pristine diamond jewellery twinkling in the sunlight. Spinel however looked a bit wary of the blunette's friendly presence before she gently proceeded to do the same.

"It's alright sis-she won't bite." he silently whispered comfortingly to the shorter girl. Spinel silently nodded, as she looked away, arms politely fastened behind her back.

"Steven, are you sure you don't want to go out to lunch with the rest of us?" the blonde asked him. "I figured we'd have a lot of catching up to do now that mumma and papa are back together?"

"Certainly, petite cherie-i have a lot of business with this lot to attend to." he confirmed for her. "Very important."

"Well, we'll be back until later okay? We'll bring you back some leftovers for you. And it was really nice seeing you guys." the ray of sunshine initially prompted-and within that, she and spinel were out the door. Spinel gave one look to the group, before leaving before her adopted stepsister.

Night eventually fell as time passed by-and everyone lounged around steven's new bedroom, where sounds from the flatscreen idly played in the background, the sound of rock music and idle chatter practically cancelling out the noise. The moon's bleached glow along with the bright lights the city offered through the cut-glass windows pooled over the wall-to-wall carpet, where everyone sat around his king-sized bed.