Deep Space

Everyone didn't expect a smiling sabrina to arrive to French class the following morning. From what they could make out as she walked between the other students that sat beside their partners, tears made clean tracks down her cheeks as soon as she inaudibly sat her designer bag to the desk, where she sat down beside the others.

"It worked."

"I...I can't believe it."

The Brazilian girl's striped stocking-clad legs splayed to the grass as she later sat outside with her coven as soon French ended.

Marinette was astounded to say the least-she didn't expect the ritual they partook in yesterday to actually work for one of them.

"Everyone likes him...people are accepting him now. Nobody's afraid of him anymore. He couldn't stop smiling, they both couldn't...i couldn't stop crying."

Tears pricked at sabrina's eyes as she looked up to the others. "Thank you guys so much."

"Don't thank us-thank our god." darcy halted, smiling at her. "Thank them for making it happen."

"I can't believe it-" connie said. "It's working. The spell is actually working."

Steven's jaw tightly clenched with a mix of irritation and resentment-too immersed in scrolling through the screen of his phone as tried not to notice, or at least overhear what he considered as nothing but idle chatter in the air.

When will it ever work for him?

The lights in connie's room were dimmed considerably as the coven were later gathered in connie's house later tonight. A bowl of popcorn amongst other snacks, along with an obsidian ashtray that sat next to a pack of cigarettes sat on the sleek floor, where everyone sprawled out there in question.

"It's hard you know?" darcy sighed, as she lied flat on her back on her pillow.

"Obviously?" sabrina took a slow drag from her cigarette, where a gleeful smirk made its way to her dark lips. "You two are like, at least two feet away from each other." Suddenly, a pained groan sounded from her as steven reached across her lithe body to snag the obsidian ashtray from her.

"Relax, Brina, I'm not even that heavy." he grinned.

"How so? You're literally a walking mountain of fat and muscle." the ravenette lied on her stomach before later turning over to darcy, "No offence on the "fat" part, darce."

"None taken?" darcy shrugged, as she reached for the tub of half-eaten ice-cream, "If we're talking about body types, I'd say you're honestly light as a feather."

Sabrina's one thick eyebrow slightly rose; "yeah...I guess I am."

"Did you guys...ever play that game?" marinette dared to ask. Everyone's eyes turned to her at that, trying to figure out what she meant by that.

"Play what?" connie asked.

"Light as a feather, stiff as a board?" marinette proceeded to explain, "One person lies down, and the others surround them....you put your fingers underneath."

Much to her initial shock, sabrina really didn't expect to be the focal point of the little game however-she lied down onto the floor as everyone knelt beside her. Steven and connie sat together beside her, with darcy and marinette flanking each other on the other side, the quartet's individual index and middle fingers underneath her body.

"Now just imagine if sabrina was light, as light as a napkin." marinette suggested silently, "As if she was completely made out of air."

"Is that her whole body-or just her head?" darcy snarked, earning a chuckle from steven.

"Fuck off." sabrina spat.

"Everyone, concentrate or it won't work." The blunette immediately rebuked.

With collective sighs at what they considered was marinette's downer behaviour, darcy, steven and connie immediately closed their eyes with the blunette, as they began to chant in unison.

Light as a feather, stiff as a board.

Even through cooperatively closed eyes-they didn't acknowledge that their hands rose along with sabrina's lithe body-as the latter floated at least a good 3 inches above the floor.

Light as a feather, stiff as a board.

Slowly, almost unconsciously-marinette gently felt her fingers slip away from underneath sabrina. She gently opened her eyes-before immediately gaping at the particular sight she'll never forget.

"Oh...oh my god." the blunette whispered with astonishment.

Steven, along with connie and darcy had also let go. Connie could barely speak-pearly teeth clacked as she stared at the floating sabrina before her and the others.

"Holy fucking shit." whispered steven.

"Amazing," came darcy's small voice.

Sabrina however didn't seem to notice, as her eyes remained closed-clearly one yawn away from drifting off to sleep.

"Guys-i don't think this shit's even working." She shrugged.

"Don't talk or you'll fall." Marinette spoke out to her, silently yet automatically.

Sabrina opened her eyes gently looking over to her side-where her eyes immediately widened at what she saw.

"Jesus fucking Ch-"

But as if on cue, the eerie yet awed silence came to a close as soon as the door slowly opened-and in came Priyanka, holding towels in her arms.

By pure luck, a heavy thump sounded in the room as sabrina immediately fell to the floor before the older woman could practically witness anything.

"My ass!" she laughed as she sat up.

"Connie, what's going on here?" Priyanka asked, voice ranging with concern as soon her daughter immediately ran to her to cover the scene.

"Nothing at all, mum!" she vocally backpedalled, taking the towels in her arms as she tried to push her mother away.

"Are you kids getting high?" she almost assumed-before connie hastily whisked her away.

"Not at all mum-but thanks for the towels though!" the Indian girl said as she immediately slammed the door in her mother's shocked face.

Getting high? Priyanka had absolutely no idea.