Aftermath: quiet

Marinette wasn't sure how to think when she awoke in a clearly unfamiliar, completely white room a few hours later. Slowly looking down, she established that her body was lowered to white bed, before later deducing that she was in a hospital room.

He looked down to her body at least once more, surveying any damage that would've been the cause of her being dispatched to the hospital-only to find that she was safe and sound. Marinette automatically took it to mean that as soon as gina arrived home-she immediately resolved to call the ambulance.

Blurred voices, which were an almost overwhelming combination of furious yelling a quiet, desolate sobbing sounded from beyond the closed door, down the hall.

"Please," a clearly weeping female voice begged, "Just please let us see her-"

"We only want to let marinette know how absolutely guilty we are-"

"You godforsaken idiots lost that right to even consider has a daughter again after you fucking disowned her!"

The pieces slowly fit together like puzzle for marinette as before she knew it, the yelling eventually subsided. The door later opened where she slowly looked up at a seemingly still-seething gina, who silently walked in the room.

"Leetle fairy, you're awake," she vocally noticed the sight of her granddaughter sitting back.

Gina quickly assumed that she might've awoken to the turbulent noises from earlier, and immediately sighed. After standing over her as soon as she walked in, she pulled up a chair and sat down near her the side of her bed.

"Darling, forgive me for waking you from your rest with all that commotion back there." she nodded. "It's a long story to begin with, but the people I was talking to we-"

"It's okay granny..." the blunette reminded. "I know it was them."

"I stupidly thought at first that as soon as they came-you'd at least had a chance to try to look at them in the eye and hear them out....even when you shouldn't."

"I don't care what they have to say." The acidity in marinette's voice made the displeasure of seeing her parents face to face again made it known.

Marinette looked up to the slightly startled gina before her-and immediately proceeded to speak again.

"I'm sorry for scaring you like that, granny."

'It's ok, my darling." The smiling older woman nodded. "They don't deserve another minute with you alone anyway...not after what they did."

Gina later pulled the blunette closer, gently stroking through the locks of her hair as marinette later soundly rested in her warming embrace.

"All that matters now is that you're all safe and sound...that's what matters the most."

Away in a large apartment building located upstate, black drapes were pulled away from the large windows letting the sunshine presumably cancel out the gothic, dark aura in a room where two high-school-aged sisters moved around in.

"What's this?" whatever spinel found came to her attention, making it known as she slowly pulled out the object of her interest in her hands for peridot to see.

Peridot's emerald eyes were drawn to a large book, bound with a leathery black hardcover-looking forward as spinel proceeded to open it, flipping through the aged, dogeared yellowed pages. Dozens of ancient, basic-to-advanced spells filled page by page.

"Could this be...a spell book?" the petite curly haired blonde looked almost apprehensive of the book in question.

Spinel just stared at the hardcover with wonder-whereas thoughts, preferably almost venomous immediately ran through her head as she did.