penumbra

It had been clear since after that confrontation, marinette spent at least the middle of the week constantly fighting inside herself as she walked down the halls of her school one late Wednesday afternoon.

The dappled late afternoon sunlight gave a sparkling radiance to her glitter notebook, as she held it close to her chest as she slowly walked down the near vacant halls.

As soon as she silently arrived in the girls washroom, the blunette had no idea what to think when she was met with the sight of lila before her. The Italian girl stood over the sink with a lowered head-and from what marinette could see, lila looked as if she was on the verge of real tears-which shocked her to the very core.

The door unexpectedly closed behind her as soon as her hand slowly gave out from holding it open-much to marinette's shock. The heavy "click" drew the attention of lila as she wildly shot up- and through her blurry vision, she immediately saw red once she eyed the parisian girl before her.

"You..." undeniable rage hit the Italian girl like a bus as she immediately withdrew from the sink, stomping over to her. "So it was you...you did this to me."

Marinette took it to mean that lila considered her to be the first person to be the catalyst of her downfall-and immediately paled as the girl approached her with every menacing step.

"You did this to me, haven't you?! You were the one who was behind all this?!"

"I-"

Lila panted like a threatened animal, the absolutely furious, predatorial look in her eyes making the extent of her rage known-giving marinette little time to establish what was going on as with the speed of a cheetah she immediately lashed out at her. Marinette's horrified scream sounded through the room as the back of her head hit the tiled taupe floor as the Italian girl pounced atop her.

She tried to restrain from lila's grip, lila's fist wiggling around in the blunette's grip where lila eventually managed to free it. The fist later coming in contact with the side of her face. She grabbed

"YOU FUCKING BITCH!!!!!!" tear after tear sprung free from lila's eyes through every slap she gave the blunette, "YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF TRASH!!!!!! YOU RUINED MY LIFE!!!!!!! YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING!!!! EVERYTHING!!!!!"

Even as she went through every aching punch/slap lila had to offer, a sudden scream sounded from lila as marinette's fist quickly ran to the centre of her face. The italian girl fell back on her arse-and that gave marinette a chance to immediately hit the ground running as she immediately sped out of the washroom-and outside of the school through the back doors-her briefcase shrugged over her shoulder.

She was unsure of how much she ran as she constantly found herself scrambling through trees and bushes through the colouring sky. Branches reached out to her, marring her skin with scratches as she ran and ran.

Tears cascaded over dried tracks that had since been made on her cheeks as she made it out of school perimeters-and later stumbled up the street, across a freshly mowed lawn as she semiconciously clutched onto her slightly tattered clothing. She finally made it up to the steps, quickly prodding a finger against the doorbell.

She waited a while before out came sabrina from the door, the Brazilian girl's eyes widened at the dishelleved, teary eyed blunette before her.

"Marinette, my god..." she held her limped hands as she later slowly guided her inside the house.

A cloth dampened with peroxide ran over the scratches and cuts as with bloodshot eyes, marinette's bathrobe-clad body was slumped over sabrina's window seat. Connie carefully positioned a bag of frozen vegetables in place over marinette's one eye, where silently darcy watched before them, clearly nervous.